1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Assassin's Creed

Discussion in 'Shooting & Action Adventure' started by HaloJ, 4 Jul 2012.

1. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Whilst the first title was a bit too French and very repetitive I felt they really improved it when the AC2 was released. Still playing catchup I've yet to play AC : Brotherhood and Revelations which as I understand it are the culmination of Ezio's (main character from AC2) story.

AC3 is around the corner and looking amazing. Taking the formula further than I've already seen it with the free running now including the natural environment as well as the man made structures.

This is the latest trailer to celebrate the 4th of July :

Also if anyone is near any of these Game stores Ubisoft are there doing hosting live gameplay demos.
    • London Oxford St
    • Bristol Cribbs Causeway
    • Newcastle
    • Nottingham
    • Manchester Trafford Centre
    • The Fort Glasgow

This trailer is the one that shows some gameplay :

There is also an extended gameplay piece kicking about somewhere but I wanted to get this post up as soon as possible for those that want to get to the stores for a look see.

2. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Continuing on with the forums most unread and uncommented post..........

A new trailer for Assassin's Creed 3 has become available detailing some of the multiplayer modes. The video cutely pretends to show the the XMB of a games console called Animus.

Whilst I thought the first AC was a bit of a dog due to it's repetitive nature I did find the history and back story utterly fascinating. AC2 continued with the modern technological setting and has since been followed by two spin off titles following the life of the main protagonist from the AC2 whilst continuing to flesh out the conspiracy surrounding Desmond in the future. I enjoy a good story and the AC series has most certainly pulled me in. My only problem is finding time to play offline single player titles. :?

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    I read that over 80% of the npcs are real characters, based exactly where they should be at the time. Pretty impressive for a game!! :bow:

4. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Finally started Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood. Blimey each rendition of these games just get better and better! Plot is a continuation of Ezio/Desmond in Italy, this time predominately set in Rome. I keep stopping and finding myself going "oooh" and "I've been there!" The game feels utterly huge although that may depend upon if it stays in Rome or heads out to Florence. As always it's a great plot and the future character is becoming more paranoid as time goes on.

The first major change of AC:B is that ranged weapons are now predominate with the addition of crossbows and small arms for all rather than just archers on the rooftops. Character control has changed a little as well with the addition of the ability to fire the characters gun/throw daggers whilst wielding the primary/secondary weapons.

Overall the game feel less restrictive with less encounters with the desynchronisation borders. Amusingly the title starts with a plot device to strip you of Ezio's cool toys although you do gradually get them back and at least you start with the hidden blade/gun combo.

So now I ask myself, can I polish this one off and Revelations before AC:3 is released later this year?

5. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I love them all and played them all on my 3shity but never got revelation :-\ was a bit disappointed in the brotherhood mp and decided not to get the next AC3 is on my pre order list tho so will be making a comeback :)

6. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I always felt AC wasn't about the multiplayer and that it was just a nasty bandwagon bolt on. :thumbdown:

Story wise it's likely that Brotherhood/Revelations need not be played and that they are flesher titles only. Still I utterly love the over arching plot. :thumbup:

7. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    It is great :)

AC3 looks like it has a lot to offer :)

8. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Ubisoft has also added a 4 player co-op mode for AC3. With the target to assassinate 25 targets of increasing difficulty within a time limit and requiring you all work together. Another announced feature of the multiplayer is regular (monthly) assignments which will reward you with an on going Aspergo story arch in the likely form of videos. Unfortunately with all this multiplayer it does likely mean that you'll be forced to play it to Platinum the title. :?

9. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    I liked the open structure of brotherhood, but I felt it missed out some of the neat tricks of AC2, like using the courtesans etc, quite frankly you didnt need thats stuff to get through brotherhood which was sad.

10. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    More AC3 multiplayer news. They've added a perks system of some form as you get to choose between 10 abilities each round. One of them seems to be the ability to become invisible or glimmer as they call it. Works very much like the sniper cloak in Killzone where you're near invisible when moving slowly but the faster you move the less effective it is.

11. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Just finished Revelations. Awesome game, it really was. And just in time for 3 ;)

Anyways, Im glad I played Revelations straight after Brotherhood, as the story makes perfect sense. I'd have hated to have to wait a year. For those that did, heres a 5 minute run through of the story so far for Assassins Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood and Revelations, all the way up to 3.

**************DO NOT WATCH AS CONTAINS MASSIVE SPOILERS***************
    You have been warned....

12. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Another video to get you all going.

13. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Does anybody actually play this? Ive been really getting into it of late.

Not played much of the MP side of it, only Wolfpack which I play by myself anyway :( I managed to get to sequence 14 (of 25) even without any other team members.

14. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I have it but I still haven't played it, I have a load of games still in there wrappers. I have been busy so I haven't been on my ps3 much, when I am I usually play Far Cry 3

15. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Ive got side tracked, like I seemed to have with every Assassins Creed game ever released!! :roll: :lol: I fully intend to go back to it soon. Im really enjoying it, but Im still the posh twat from England at the mo.

16. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    GO ME !!!
    [​IMG]

17. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Omg that's impressive ;)

18. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Nice one Mick.

19. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Finally getting down to playing AC3 and I'm so far blown away! Loving the new character feel and the weight of movement, love the improvements to the HUD and overall control system. Loving the plot and the early twist had me sat open mouthed in shock. The main character is still only an assassin in training with some severe time jumps happening to gloss over the day-to-day bits but wow! :D

20. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Talk of AC on my xbox co-op thread has made me want to play them all myself. So just won AC I, II, Brotherhood and Revelations for Xbox on eBay for a grand total of £15.45. This is inclusive of P&P. Bargain if they all arrive.

HaloJ likes this.