The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shooting & Action Adventure' started by Slaine, 15 Oct 2012.

1. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    I thought I'd witter on and gush about the game currently in my disc drive; Assassins Creed Brotherhood. I loved the first one, and I couldnt see how it could be bettered. I love the way theyve blended scifi and religion together in the story. Felt like a Dan Brown novel in places. Anyway, I couldnt wait for the 2nd one, so when it arrived my expectations were ridiculously high. But somehow Ubisoft have managed to better the formula. Assassins Creed 2 is just a masterpiece in gaming, and its one of the very few I actually managed to platinum.

Anyway, Assassins Creed Brotherhood has been sitting on my shelf of shame for 21 months now, so i thought I'd better dust it off and see what its like. So glad I did, as I just cant put this bugger down now. Its so bloody good and theres so much to do. Missions are a lot more varied now, and you can receive side missions from the courtesans, thieves or mercenaries. You can capture territories by storming a Borgia fortress, kill the commander there, then storm the tower and set light to it. Quite a challenge, as these commanders peg it at the first sign of trouble. Theres a bloody good side game where you recruit assassins to do behind the scenes missions. They could fail the mission and die, which means you'd have to recruit a replacement. These assassins level up and earn better gear, which means they can take on tougher missions for you and earn more money. Best of all, if theyre not in a mission you can summons them to you side by pressing L2. So if you're surrounded you can call on the Brotherhood to come swarming in and save your hide. Its such a well scripted moment and never gets tiresome of watching either. I havent even touched on the meta game that each mission has. Lets say for instance youve got to kill someone, the mission might dictate that youve got to disorientate them first with smoke grenades, or it might require you to use mercenaries to get the kill instead of you. Failure to comply means you dont get the full 100% synchronisation, which means theres a good replay element to be had here. Shops and property can be bought to generate income, and some of them even have quests too. My favourite bit so far are the Leonardo missions where you have to destroy weapons of mass destruction. You warp to an area where you have to stealth most of it, or its back to the start. You go in, destroy the blueprints, then you have to make off or destroy the weapon itself. Quite tough, but really really good fun.

What I cant understand is what on earth was the game that distracted me away from this?!?!? :shock: :lol: I really cant remember, but I do know that nothings going to stop me from finishing it. I had a brief go online, which is just the mutts nuts. If anyone else has got this, I'd love to have a bash online one night with a load of Seniors.

Normally I dont like sandbox games, as I get bored of the tiresome grinding of some of them. This one is small enough and very easy to navigate. Fail a mission and it automatically restarts, so none of the drudgery of GTAIV (ie fail mission, start at hospital/police station, obtain armour and guns all again, drive for miles to restart the mission etc). And I defy anyone not to play this not imitate Ezios voice just once. Apparently its voiced by the same bloke who did Chris Redfield from the Resi games apparently (according to my son).

Cant wait to start Assassins Creed Revelations now, which again is also off my shelf of shame :oops: and is next on my hit list to complete. All in time for Assassins Creed 3 at Xmas. ;) :thumbup:

2. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    I think I traded my copy in a while ago, great game though.

3. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Is Brotherhood the first with multiplayer if so I don't like it but lived 1 & 2 next up 3 ;)

4. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Yes this is the first one with online play. Shame you dont like it.

5. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    It actually put me off revelation, but 3 looks like the classic AC I love ;)

6. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    I absolutely loved Brotherhood and played quite a few online matches as wel. It really is a gem an something different to all the stuff that is available. Finished Revelations as well, but haven't played mp due to other games that came out that time. So AC3 is on my Chrismas list for sure.
    I would love to get a few games going with you Slaine, but unfortunately I won't have time for it in the near future due to work and college. But give me a shout when you see mee online. Does the matchmaking still take up a lot of time?

7. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    It seemed fine connecting, but theres really not too many games around now. My own fault :(

8. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I completed the single player but the online for Brotherhood was almost empty of players so I only ever got half a match and not a chance at the Platinum. Brotherhood's plot was great and the ending more so but I've not as yet played Revelations which we traded for a few weeks back.

After hands on with AC3 at Eurogamer (see blog post) I can tell you that you're going to be in for a treat. :thumbup:

9. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
  10. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    :lol:, nice one

11. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Just finished Brotherhood a moment ago. What a classic game. Glad I did delay playing it in the end, as the cliff hanger ending wouldve pissed me off knowing that I'd have to wait a year to find out whats happening.

Just started Revelations and watched the first CGI movie. Awesome cut scene that really sets the mood. My sons told me hes getting AC3 on 1st November, so Ive got 12 days to complete this in time. :D ;)

12. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Great closing story on Brotherhood. :thumbup: It's difficult to talk about without spoiling for other's but I'll admit that I never saw it coming. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice