Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks pretty damn good!!! Nice find Mick

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Theres a announcement tomorrow I presume its for this.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I better pull my thumb out and get 3 finished because this one looks the tits :D

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
From last night's Ubisoft press conference:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Stop it you horrible people your making me preorder everything :D

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looking utterly brilliant. I rather liked the Sony live demo where it glitched showing that it was playing live. Lots of elements from AC3 quite plainly visible. Love the seamless movement from land to sea. Also rather like the hugely missing diminished HUD although I suspect that was a "feature" of the demo.

Abs

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ubisoft has released seven minutes of gameplay:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
This game is so freaking awesome I will definitely be getting it for my ps4 :P

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ubi have released a more complete 14 minute video of the one above showing the transitions between environments to better affect.

Looks awesome! :D

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Having just finished AC:R and being quite impressed with the size of the game and how long it takes you to actually get through everything (without it becoming boring running around collecting things) i'm blown away by how much they've added with the naval aspect and just how big the game looks to be.

I just hope they don't go OTT with the collecting of tiny things....didn't bother with the animus fragments in AC:R as there were just too many scattered about and can't be chewed, but other than that it was fantastic in terms of completing smaller side objectives.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The naval aspect of AC:3 is a bit of a bolt on mechanic, amazing to see it become a fully fledged part of the system itself. I've yet to finish AC3 but as I understand it is the final game of the Desmond arc.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've booted AC:3(5) up to ensure it would work alright on my PC and then left it as I wanted to play AC:R(4) first.

Can't wait to get into it, these games started off strong and have just gone from strength to strength. Not many games I can say that about.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
A new gameplay video showing 10 minutes of open-world locations and activities has been released by Ubisoft.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is looking utterly superb! Be playing this for a long while! AC3 is huge and all the side missions quite distracting but it seems whilst AC4 is similarly distracting it's also more theme focused. Definitely a PS4 purchase though rather than PS3.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That looks really good!

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Want want want want want want!!!
But I do need to get a move on with AC3.

Maczone

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
A new gameplay video showing 10 minutes of open-world locations and activities has been released by Ubisoft.

Haven't seen this video before and it looks good, can't wait for this game.
I also agree with halo, it's defo a must for PS4 although I'm sure it would still look good on the PS3 like AC3 does.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Haven't seen this video before and it looks good, can't wait for this game.
I also agree with halo, it's defo a must for PS4 although I'm sure it would still look good on the PS3 like AC3 does.
Yeah AC3 looks good on PS3 but this will look amazing on PS4 I'll be getting mine on release :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Why Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on PS4 is a truly next-gen experience

A lot of people have asked us what kind of technical advancements can be expected from Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, and so we asked Associate Producer Sylvain Trottier to give us a couple of examples… and he went a little nuts and delivered an entire video with a ton of improvements.

CAUTION: Things are about to get a little techy, so put on your coder hats!

Some of the highlights include our use of real Beaufort scale waves for a realistic ocean and the new sea engine, which follows real world physics. Complex shaders work to give the ocean that translucent appearance.

Each raindrop is an individually lit object, puddles accurately mirror the world around them and volumetric fog accepts and reflects light from different sources. Dynamic Navmeshes (three dimensional objects you can run around on) ensure that you can jump from one ship to another without encountering weird collision issues and can seamlessly interact between two ships involved in a boarding action.

We can use the power of next-gen processors to generate thousands of three dimensional plants that realistically react to the weather around them as well as their interaction with Edward (perfect for judging his location during stealth gameplay).

Overall, you can expect an incredibly immersive experience unlike anything you have previously encountered!

Join us to defy Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag!

Source: EU PlayStation Blog