The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Armored kill

Discussion in 'Battlefield' started by Acegadgets, 1 Sep 2012.

1. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    What we can look forward to in the next expansion pack.

All-out vehicle warfare on four huge maps.
    ■Bandar Desert - The biggest map in Battlefield history.
    ■Alborz Mountain - A snow covered map set within the Alborz mountain range, located in northern Iran
    ■Death Valley - night time in the mountains, with several dead trees and a train carrying logs. It also features a large under-construction office building.
    ■Armored Shield -Set on the plains on the outskirts of Sanoy, Russia. Can we destroy the wind farms?

New "Tank Superiority" game mode bringing the overall number of modes now to six in total. We will have a problem deciding just which modes and maps we will be playing on our Battlefield server as all of the maps playable with all six game modes.

■5 new vehicle unlocks can also be used in the base game. (currenty unknown_

■5 new assignments. (currently unknown)

■Up to 20+ unlocks for new vehicles. (Currently unknown)

New Tank superiority mode (King of the hill with tanks)

The objective of the gametype is the fight for control over a single flag between main battle tanks and tank destroyers. The flag is often placed in an extremely open and hard-defended terrain, effectively making the mode similar to the classic game mode King of the Hill.
    As there is only one flag with a tight capture radius per map, heavy tank battles tend to flow back and forth as the teams seek to bleed tickets from their opponent. For tank drivers, success usually comes by staying together in packs of 2-3 tanks working together. Going solo to the capture point typically means getting overwhelmed by a large group of enemy tanks.
    The gametype also causes respawn times for vehicles to be almost instantaneous as well as introducing a new tank destroyer into the mix.
    Besides experienced tank drivers, Armored Kill also calls for Engineers to repair vehicles as well as Recons who can assist by laser painting enemy tanks with their SOFLAMs. This makes it easier for the Engineers to lock onto targets using their Javelins. Gameplay in Tank Superiority is extremely fixated on heavy armor, and there tends to be a lot of lock-ons from guided weapons that the enemy controls, whether that’s from Engineers or directly from the tanks themselves.
    As a general rule, great tank commanders will make sure to travel in “wolf packs”, as lone tanks are easily picked off by well-positioned enemy tank squads. It’s important to use the new Tank Destroyer class to its advantage by constantly being on the move to become a harder target to hit. It is also advised to equip IR Smoke as you will be locked-on numerous times during a single round.
    Once the flag has been captured, it is advisted to immediately pull back and defend the flag from a distance rather then clustering around the control point and being outmaneuvered from a higher terrain or another advantageous position.

Five New vehicles

Ac-130 spooky
    Control of the AC-130 is determined by control of a base - when capturing, an aircraft icon will appear next to the base name, signalling that capturing the base will allow players to use the Gunship. The pilot is AI controlled, but there are two gunner positions; one for an autocannon, and one for a large-caliber gun. Players can spawn into the gunner seats, or even spawn and parachute out of the aircraft. The gunship is still vulnerable to enemy aircraft, as it is quite slow and large, though it is capable of deploying flares, albeit a limited amount. Gunners can also access a 360 degree anti-aircraft gun.

The M1128 Mobile Gun
    Its a US made IFV similar to the LAV 25 with a bigger gun. The M1128 is a heavy armored car/tank destroyer, mounting a 105mm M68 rifled cannon on the chassis of a Stryker. It is designed to be a fast, airmobile fighting vehicle that can deliver good firepower in support of infantry in low-intensity conflicts.

2S25 SPRUIJT

The 2S25 Spruijt retains most of the features of its BMD-3 cousin and is meant for the Russian Airborne forces as a tank destroyer that can be airlifted into battle and move about quickly. The armor on the turret is made of welded aluminum with a composite skin to keep it light for airborne drops, but it retains the strength to be able to hold up against 23mm rounds from about 500 meters away.

BM -21(23)
    Mobile rocket launcher the BM-23 is available to the Russian Ground Forces, previously seen in battlefield 2 and Veitnam.The BM-21 was a Soviet multiple rocket launcher system designed in 1964. Developed from the same principle as the Katyusha, the BM-21 was used as a mobile, long range artillery weapon, as it could fire large, heavy and powerful 122mm rockets in rapid succession (120 per minute) at a range of up to 20 kilometers (12.4 miles).

The M142 HIMARS

High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) is a U.S. light multiple rocket launcher mounted on a standard Army Medium Tactical Vehicle (MTV) truck frame.
    The HIMARS carries six rockets or one Army Tactical Missile System (ATACMS) missile on the U.S. Army's new Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles (FMTV) five-ton truck, and can launch the entire M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) family of munitions. HIMARS is interchangeable with the MLRS M270A1, carrying half the rocket load.

2. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    I'm sold. When there is a tank named after me I can't not be a part of it :thumbup:

3. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Thought that would do the trick.

4. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    [​IMG]

Heres a list of the trophies (well achievements but theyre the same)

5. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Nice one Slaine. Any info on assignments anywhere yet?

6. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1

Attached Files:

7. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Some of those dog tags are going to be imposable to get. Dont think i've got more than 2 or 3 jet kills, and not many more heli kills.

8. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders

I was actually thinking these are some of the easiest tags and trophies to get. I guess it shows just how differently people play this game, I am happy to spend the entire round in a vehicle....and often do.

The transport vehicle dogtags look like they'll hands down be the hardest for me to get.

9. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    The two flying ones ?
    Can you get a Maverick within a few weeks? It would take me till PS4 to get one !

10. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Ace, I agree with you. Going on current gameplay and maps some of these tags/assignments are going to be a bitch.

But as these are going to be big big maps and vehicle heavy/reliant, I think the nature of the game could change again (as it did with Close Quarters). Thats what Im hoping for anyway.

11. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I reckon all the Ace pilots will dominate the skies in the opening few weeks of the DLC being available, so perhaps not, but if I was determined to spend all my time in the air and go specifically for that one i'd probably do it in under a week. I reckon i'll have the lot done inside a month.

12. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Following on from armoured kill these are the patch notes for the patch that comes with it. It goes live on 4th September with AK for Premium.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...weet&utm_campaign=other&utm_content=sep-patch

There's a couple in there that I like and one in there that I don't think Col is going to.

They look to be nerfing the littlebird laser designator making it seat 4 specific much like the tank CITV station. No more little bird solo domination. :D

In other good/bad news. They're increasing the minimum damage on the M1911. :thumbup: Woot for me and not so woot for everyone else.

13. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I only use the 1911 :lol: not unlocked the laser designator but have had my assignment kicked by one. Donington assuming it's good news for me.

14. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    The thing I dont like is the 1.53GB patch and 1.56GB download for Armoured Kills!! :o :shock:

15. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    "Premium Engineer assignments are now counting all shotgun kills independent from the class using it."

Now your talking!!! This assignment is a pain in the arse.

16. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Some good updates in there, i'm hoping the reload balances don't unbalance things at all.
    Nice to see the Val getting a nerf, it was far too good once you had all the unlocks.

M1911 was already overpowered, now they're making it better? Noice!
    AA getting buffed back up after the over the top nerf in the last patch

Great news on the MK3A1 ammo type in Gun Master, though I fear that's all too late and that DLC will rarely be played again.

I really like the idea of the laser designator on the littlebird actually, that gives that position an actual use and stop me being a one man army in the air...sorry. Actually I hope this means they've fixed the HUD in the helo as it was shit for that.

Nice tweak on the attack helo's.

Not sure on what the tweak is with firing two different weapons in quick succession from tanks is, but that could be annoying, effectively making the second weapon useless, though a good reason to go back to using the LMG instead of the second main cannon type weapon in the BMP.

Good tweak on the attack/defend m-com scoring system, they were too difficult to get previously imo.

Co-op dogtags and stars now working...woot, I might play some more of that then.

not happy AT ALL with adding ****ing Gun Master and Conquest ****ing Domination ribbons/medals at this stage, that's complete ****ing horseshit, ****ing arseholes.

17. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Patch now live!!! :woot:

18. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Nice one Slaine. I take it the DLC isn't available yet though?

19. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Armoured Kill is also now live on the store for download (for Premium members).

20. Fistdantilus

Fistdantilus Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    fistdantilus_
    Is it just my account ( i am a premium member) but cant find the dlc content on the store,

After i dl'd the pach i reset the ps3 and got the orange indicator on the store option but no armoured kill option on the menu just the old dlc.

Is it the usual day of release bs (battle feed not working on the game or the website) or has something gone tits up.

looking forward to playing this.

see ya online soon

Gaz

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice