• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

amymoggy applying for Senior Citizenship...

amymoggy

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Hi my name is amymoggy, I'm 30 years old. I would really like to apply for Senior Citizenship.
I've been gaming ever since I can remember, starting with Cookie Monster on the Atari. From there me and my older sister would spend hours on the NES playing Legend of Zelda, Castlevania and Strike Eagle. Next was the Sega Megadrive, it had Alex Kidd built into it, the controller stuck after playing it non stop so you could only move right!!
Then it was PSX, this was when I started with Tomb Raider, I had previously played this on the PC but it was so much better on PSX. This really started my interest in real adventure games, the exploring, the trophy hunting and the action.
The PS2 always has a special place in my heart. I decided to spend my first wage from my job at Manchester Airport on one. My favourite game was Legacy of Kain: Defiance. It had an amazing fantasy world with great characters and the ability to switch between characters. It bugged like crazy, but I didn't care. The PS2 also gave me the opportunity to try a different type of game, horror. The Suffering is still the best horror game I've ever played. It scared me more than any film ever could.

I moved to PS3 when I moved in with my fella, wilskywalker. He is a big gamer and he was the one that introduced me to this forum. He would be constantly playing Skyrim and I knew it was my type of game. I was off work for a week and thought I'd give it a go, I lost that week...
I ploughed so many hours into it, I was determined to do as much as I could and ended up with a pretty powerful character. It's still that game that I will go back to when I'm waiting for something to be released. As a gift, my fella bought me the Uncharted series. Took me back to the Tomb Raider days. I await patiently for Uncharted 4 and the film... As long as they pick the right actor for Drake.
Now there is PS4. I could not believe the graphics! To me, it's a whole new experience of gaming. First game I played was Infamous Second Son. Absolutely brilliant, great storyline and really likeable characters.
Then came WatchDogs, which I admit I didn't enjoy as much, but liked the open world.
Now there is Destiny... What can I say that hasn't been said by everyone else. It is epic. I really enjoy building up my Hunter and making the other half jealous with my new God of War shader.
I have only one issue with Destiny, none of my friends are gamers. I have one friend and he lives with me, apart from getting a PS4 in the bedroom and us playing together I'm missing out on a few bits of the game. It would be great to gain some fellow gamer friends so that I can enjoy the whole Destiny experience and other online games in the future.
Hope you've enjoyed my little gaming bio and I look forward to becoming part of your community and, hopefully, playing with some of you soon.
:)

Last edited:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, @amymoggy :waving:

Firstly I must say, what a cracking intro! Lots of info and detail for us oldies, we do love to reminisce! I'm surprised that you are old enough to remember Cookie Monster on the Atari. Being a real oldie I started back with the ZX81 and I was in my teens then!

Some great games in that list. I too started the PS1 with Tomb Raider. I've loved every Uncharted game and had fun with these online too. Spent many hours with my other half, @HaloJ in Skyrim.

You'll be in good company here with Destiny, there's plenty playing it, so you'll have the chance to play in strikes and stuff with the Seniors.

Is there anything else that you are currently playing? I don't suppose that you play Battlefield 4? That's a popular staple around here. Other games that folks are playing include Far Cry 4, GTA V and more.

Normally we ask to play with new folk before they get full membership but as you are the other half of a full member, our very own @wilskywalker then I think we can forgo that. Just as long as you keep giving him a nudge and get him to visit the forums a bit more. ;)

Welcome, [SNR] amymoggy :2thumbsup:

Your name has turned red and you now have the red Senior Citizen banner under your avatar. You should now have access to our community section, the chat system and enhanced privileges on the forums.

You're on tea making duty with @Solo-nite and @Rootsrockers, it's something we get the new folk to do. Hopefully you can knock them two into shape, you know what blokes can be like...

I'm sure @wilskywalker has already told you that we do have other female gamers in the community, so you're not just stuck with a bunch of sweaty old men. Regulars are @HaloJ, @Plaxinator, @NitaNitro5, @Alien_Chick and @Bloodfairy. I'll be in trouble if I have forgotten any.

I hope to see you online soon! :)

amymoggy

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Thanks so much :)

Luckily I make a good brew.

Only playing Destiny at the moment, waiting on @wilskywalker to buy GTA V or Far Cry 4. Although he's addicted to Destiny too.

See you at The Tower soon :)

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome, ive been playing Destiny a lot lately with @wilskywalker.

Throw us a friends request, Darth_Raiden.

amymoggy

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Well I'll try :)

I'm sure he'd cave if I start hogging the one we've got. ;)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi @amymoggy and welcome to the Seniors. @wilskywalker is a top bloke, so take a seat up at the front. Ive sent you a friends request, so hope to see you online soon:1thumbup:

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Greetings @amymoggy
I'm not playing Destiny anymore (perhaps when DLC hits), but if you liked Skyrim... you might want to check out Dragon Age: Inquisition instead of GTA/FarCry.
Or better yet: have @wilskywalker get them all, together with your very own, shiny new PS4 :mrgreen:

FR will be sent out soonish

Edit:
FR sent out. And do give @wilskywalker a poke, it seems I've sent him a request already some time ago.

Bloodfairy

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Heelllooo and welcome fellow lady gamer. Yes, you must get your own machine. I made @Sportsvee buy me my own machine though sometimes I do get demoted to the bedroom. I am toying with the idea of grabbin the new Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment game, look cool and the reviews are good so far. Ya might wanna take a lookie. Have fun round here and enjoy.

amymoggy

Semi-Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Morning all :)

Thanks so much for all the friend requests, finally going to have more than one name on my list!

Dragon Age does look really good, plus I'm waiting on The Witcher 3. The gameplay videos I've seen look awesome.

:)

Dogstar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Morning Amy just read this so will drop you a fr. Had a game with wil a few weeks back which was fun. Welcome :)

Last edited:

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to SNR! Me myself will trade Destiny for GTA V. Guessing my game time will be split between that and BF4 (which I play so much, that I consider it family). Anyway, welcome :)

wilskywalker

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the warm SNR welcome for @amymoggy :)

@NVranya Sorry about that, friend request accepted :)

Now then everyone, don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a second PS4... however, this will also require a new TV and a second copy of any multiplayer games. This is something of a costly undertaking, I would figure about £550-£600 set-up assuming the second TV is relatively small, and then £90-£120 each time there is a new multiplayer game released that we both want to play.

Unless you guys are up for some crowd funding, this is unfortunately an unlikely scenario at the moment! ;)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the warm SNR welcome for @amymoggy :)

@NVranya Sorry about that, friend request accepted :)

Now then everyone, don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a second PS4... however, this will also require a new TV and a second copy of any multiplayer games. This is something of a costly undertaking, I would figure about £550-£600 set-up assuming the second TV is relatively small, and then £90-£120 each time there is a new multiplayer game released that we both want to play.

Unless you guys are up for some crowd funding, this is unfortunately an unlikely scenario at the moment! ;)
But if you love her... ;)

Yes it is an expensive business being a 2-console family, we have to think carefully about which games we purchase 2 copies of. Some we just get one and share the play on the one console.

You'd better make sure you share the play a bit more with @amymoggy so we all get the chance to meet her online. :)