Amazon deliveries by helicopter within 30 mins of placing order

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Amazon are testing a delivery system which could see you getting a delivery from them within 30 mins of placing uour order. The delivery would come via a drone octocopter.
Read a bit more on this interesting concept:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25180906

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Brilliant, with a delivery system like that things will literally fly out of the store.

In all honesty this has surely got to be a joke. How many octoflier things are going to get chomped on by the pet dog as soon as it makes an appearance or get shot down and looted by bored kids with air rifles.
I can see law suits aplenty.

But I wouldn't mind the job of being the `delivery driver` what a laugh.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Also bear in mind the weight capacity of those multirotors....yeah sure they can lift a fair bit of weight, but for that long in the air it would require a fair bit of battery weight to do an hour run......also they're ****ed in high winds as they struggle coming back down to the ground due to the fixed pitch nature of them.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well thats all looks legit. I am off to order a 20 piece bone china dinner service and matching wine glasses. I guess it will be "China descending" for me

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Meh - I would rather royal mail or DPD to be honest also it keeps people in jobs, sick of all this automation crap - I don't want to scan my own food, I don't want a robot to deliver my package etc.....

Just give me a real person.

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I can't order one on Amazon and have it delivered by drone then?
Google search ordering a human via amazon - if you have no luck with that contact amazon customer services I'm sure they will be able to help you out :)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
There is a mention of a weight limit maybe 1KG, US is currently awaiting FTA approval and also this is already done in China.

The usual American morons have piped up about them being government listening devices and have stated they will shoot them down. Nice idea but you have to live near a amazon hub 1 mile radius to get the service.

In my opinion it's for fat people to fatter, I bet it costs a good few quid too.

Keep delivery drivers in there jobs who wants drones delivering stuff anyway.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I love the idea, but then I just ordered the first parts for my own UAV/Drone.
They have a lot of great uses and this could work for Amazon, but at this stage it's just a marketing attention grabber. Oh look what Amazons doing, how cute, oh I must order something for christmas now...... :D

Some UAV's can carry a 2.5kg payload and handle winds up to 32km/h without to much problems (while filming with reasonable pictures) so it should be able to handle the 'burbs.

The biggest anti UAV backlash at the moment is about privacy as you get great images from up above, but we will wait and see what happens.

Roll on making S*it time.