1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

'Allo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dogstar, 1 Jul 2012.

1. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Hi all,

My name is Ian and I am recently 40, going on 12... I have been a keen gamer since that age and have refused to grow up ever since! :D I started off on the beloved squidgy Speccy 48k which I think is gathering dust in the loft. I then had an Amiga 1200, PS1, PS2, Xbox and PS3. I dabbed with a 360 twice but was too mean for live. :oops:

Favourite games of yesteryear for me are Lords of Midnight, Atic Atac, Sabre Wulf, Skool Daze, The Sentinel, Cannon Fodder, Chaos Engine, Hired Guns, Eye of the Beholder. More recently, I've loved Command & Conquer, Tomb Raider, Uncharted, PixelJunk Monsters, Skyrim to name a few. Also, I admit to being a trophy whore!

I live in Birmingham working for a Housing Association which is (mostly) extremely rewarding. I've been living here three years and am very happy here. Aww! :lol:

I would like to request full membership if you'll have me as I'm looking for a community to take an active role in. Congratulations on getting the site up and running by the way.

My mind's gone blank, which sadly is not that rare, but let me know if I've not mentioned anything.

Cheers.

2. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Dogstar, Dogstar. Why does that name sounds so familiar? Aren't you the nutcase with 83 Platinum trophies by any chance?

Just kidding. Nice to see you again sir and welcome. Which games do you play on the PS3 nowadays?

3. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Long time no see :evil: .

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to the new place, Dogstar. :D

Yay, another Speccy user!

Blimey, I remember playing these too, I thought they were great at the time!

Weren't you also a Bad Company 2 player? I know you've not got on with BF3 and have sold it. Shame really as I think it's better since the patches.

You forgot to mention Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3! Another who attends the regular weekly sessions for these games. Don't forget Starhawk too, though like you we need to play it a bit more. I'm hoping we may find some more recruits to this community who play the game. :)

As many will know, Dogstar is another from the other community and once was an Elder over there, albeit under a different name. I've played with him many times on UC3 and KZ3 to name but two games and today Halo & I had the pleasure of his company when he came over for lunch and an afternoon along with his other half plus Mr & Mrs Shroud, mini Shroud and Clarkyspeaks.

Now I must say that I am surprised at your request. After our conversation this afternoon, I thought you'd sign up for Ally status.

Obviously I'm pleased that you'd like to become a Senior Citizen but first I want you to be fully aware that if you go for this, OAP will Chum you and you may well want to tell them know what you are doing.

So, if you can confirm that this is really what you want and that you'd then fly the [SNR] tag in online games then that would be great.

In the meantime, it's a BIG vouch from me for full membership and I'll leave you now to be prodded by some other Senior Citizens. :D

5. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    hi dogstar, good to see you here. also its great to see so many games that I used to play mentioned on all these threads. perhaps we should start a thread to discuss our all time top 20 games

6. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    I know I was surprised too! Don't worry though it is something I want. I have already PM'd the Elders asking to be made a chum . I wish the others well but I haven't really felt at home for some time.

You're right I forgot to mention UC3, BFBC2, Starhawk and KZ3 - I still have all these so maybe be could have a BFBC2 night? :bow:

7. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Hey Ace, thanks for the post. Long time no see. I was asking JK whether you were going to join us on UC3 but he said you'd sold it! Shame! ;)

8. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Hey mate. Hehe. 83? :crazy: I wish!! I have eleven but am working on it ;) Thanks matey. As Martok's said I play Uncharted 3 on Tuesdays, Killzone 3 on Wednesday and Starhawk less than I'd like. I have to platinum Tomb Raider: Anniversary and will then be online more 8-) If you have any of these, it would be great if you could join us?

9. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Hehe. I know ! :lol:

10. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Hiya Dogstar, hope things are good, not been on KZ3 lately I know.

11. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Yes, I've been informed that you have done this and I see that you have Chum status over there already.

You are fairly well known by folk over here already and I'll add my personal vouch in again from our regular gaming sessions and you spending the afternoon with me & Halo today (and not pinching anything when you left ;) ). Therefore from this moment onwards, consider yourself a full member of Senior Gamers. :D

Arise, [SNR] Dogstar! Go forth and wear that tag with pride (and I'll be checking that you sport it on Tuesday and Wednesday). ;) I'll chuck you a [SNR] KZ3 clan invite on Wednesday though you'll have to drop out of the OAP clan first.

You should now see the wonders that are all of our forums (no hidden ones over here for full members) and the chat bar system is now available for your use. :D

12. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Alright Dogstar, Don't think ive gamed with you since COD 4, Welcome :)

13. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Dogstar and welcome aboard. Glad to have you and see you over here!! :thumbup:

14. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Yippie another UC3 player so you Tuesday :)

I think ace should get UC3 for Tuesdays as he's forced me to get Showdown its only fair :lol:

15. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Mr Newson - thanks fella, come and join us this week?

Martok - thanks :wave: Sir Dogstar. I like the sound of that. :lol: Oh sorry, SNR Dogstar - it's the eyes!

Herman, Slaine & JK - thanks for the warm welcome. It's good to be here. If I'd got my arse in gear I would have been here sooner :crazy:

16. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Hi Dogstar :wave:

Welcome to your new home :thumbup:

Now unless i'm mistaken, i'm sure that i've read somewhere that you've sold your copy of BF3 :?

The game is much improved when you compare it to the crap that it was after that first patch :)

17. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Totally agree with Rog. It's most certainly not the unbalanced frag shotgun fest it was. :thumbup:

I'm really happy you decided to join us, Dogstar. I didn't realise that you liked my lasagne that much! :woot:

18. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Cheers Rog & Halo, at least I could pick up a copy of BF3 again as I already have the online pass!! ;) I'll see what happens with the extra DLC, never say never.

As to the Lasagne, it was gorgeous. I wished I hadn't pigged out on that full breakfast beforehand as I was still stuffed when I got home :lol: It was a no-brainer on the requesting to join front when I worked out I rejoined the other place six years ago and I've posted more on here since Sunday than I did in that six years! Thanks for letting me in :P

19. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    This lasagne sounds nice you will have to post a picture or actually post me one ha

20. DoopysDad

DoopysDad Semi-Regular Gamer

PSN:
    DoopysDad