The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Allies and SNR Racing games

Discussion in 'Sport and Motorsport' started by DarthRaiden666, 22 Aug 2012.

1. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    A thread for tips, setups and so on for various racing games.

Which are you looking forward too, which series do you love.

Me, if you know me then you know I am a Gran Turismo fan and I still play them even now with the PS2 titles. I'm also on Forza 3 and 4.

Burnout Paradise is still the best online racer for PS3, and still on that when needed for laughter, stupid hats, unusual mugshots.

Looking forward to Need for Speed 'Burnout Paradsise 2' Most Wanted. And Grid 2, was hard when the servers where switched off for the first Grid, but I have it on 360 so no worries.

2. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    A good number of us are watching Need for Paradise Most Wanted with interest. Let's hope that it continues in the direction we all believe it's going. :thumbup:

3. DarthRaiden666

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Burnout with real cars :D

It's on preorder and hopefully be excellent. Most by Criterion are though.

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    I still like Burnout Paradise though I haven't played it in a while.

I'm not really into real driving sims so I haven't got GT5 and won't be getting Grid 2.

Need for Speed Most Wanted Burnout Paradise 2 is looking great so far and providing it stays that way it'll be a definite purchase. :thumbup:

5. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Casual Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    BUCKAROO74
    I still play gt5 on occasion. Nothing has come close to PS1 TOCA though.

6. ExUser01

ExUser01 Guest

I have all the Need for Speeds, GT5 and only got rid of Grid recently. I will be getting Most Wanted and Grid2 (which has been a long time coming). Racing games are my favourite there just isn't one good enough at the minute to pull me away from BF3.

7. DarthRaiden666

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Give me a racing game over a shooter any day.

Currently playing NFS Shift 2 Unleashed to get a fair few trophies. No online though as its a friends copy so no code, or paying for it either.

(I have my own copy on 360)

8. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I think Grid was the last serious racer I've really enjoyed, but playing that sort of thing online is no fun, it's all too serious and I just can't be bothered with that sort of thing anymore.

I did also really enjoy the beginning of NFS:Shift - some very nice graphical and sound effects, but the handling went to shit once you got past the opening stages of the game.

Burnout Paradise though was an amazing experience, I already loved the Burnout games but when it went open world and added all the mucking about and just having a laugh it became even more of a gem. And that's why i'm looking forward to the new Need For Speed so much, should be more of the same and people of all skill levels should have plenty to keep them entertained.

I do feel i'll be spread thinly between NFS:MW, BF3 and Borderlands 2 though....although I'll be able to play NFS when the kids are still up and work towards owning roads and stuff.

9. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Anyone still got NFS: Hot Pursuit? Had some cracking night playing this.

10. DarthRaiden666

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden

I don't anymore, can borrow my sisters copy though.

I only race online for fun, I rarely win there unless I use good pit stops . Has to be clean for serious racers like GT, Forza and Grid.

Burnout and NFS its part of the game, fun and takedowns :evil:

Col, that's how I felt with the first Shift, the handling in the second Shift is improved. Then again much better then Test Drive Unlimited 2.

11. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I currently have Dirt 3, Dirt Showdown and GT5. GRID 2 is a possibility for me but Need for Paradise is already ordered :)

12. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I've probably had every decent racing game and arcade racers on the PS3.
    I enjoyed GRID probably the most so will be waiting in great anticipation for Grid 2.
    NFS shift got me back into NFS games, but then they made shift 2 which had wheel controller problems and I was hugely dissapointed. Hot Pursuit didn't really do it for me so I didn't buy The Run.. I think the races on GT races are a bit long and its taken a bit too seriouly for me. Graphics are great, handling is brilliant, good to play your own music and have a huge range of cars. I think I probably just dont enjoy the long races online where one mistake puts you to the back with little chance of catching up.
    Also wasn't that impressed with F1/ I got 2012 and again it was a good simulation , but again one crash and you are out. Still have it so might give it a go again if I ever have a more than a few hours to spare .
    Personally I like less serious racing games where you can catch up if you make a mistake.
    Recently i've enjoyed all the DIRT games, still have showdown, which is a bit of non serious smash em up carnage and Dirt 4 will be on my to buy list.
    Had the last ridge racer,unbounded which was OK for a few weeks, a big improvement on earlier ridge racers. Driver san fransisco also worth a mention, you should be able to pick it up for next to nothing and it will give you a lot of fun.
    Had a few poor racing games , never got test drive which I hear is DIre. Supercar challenge, ferarri challenge wernt up to much, poor handling and didnt think much of the recent motorstorms. First one was good in its day but they havent really improved much over the years.
    FUEL probably stands out as being the most dissapointing game. It was a great Idea, a huge open world, about the size of wales, with lots of things to do and discover, BUT online was broken and Codemasters didnt bother to try to help the game devs (some french sub contractors) fix it. Shm as it had potential
    Burnout is the game that stands out as the best game on 4 wheels so far made for the playstation .
    It was the first game I played online and I met a few good friends playing that, Spruijt, PhilNewson and Alien chick used to play online with me virtually every night.
    So thats why i'm looking forward to Most Wanted. Hoping the good old burnout days will return.

13. clarkyspeaks

clarkyspeaks Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    clarkyspeaks

I still got Hot Pursuit Spruijt, so if anyone is ever bored im up for some online mayhem!

14. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Ah, nice one. Always enjoyed your company on this. Must pick this up soon before the new one comes out.

15. DarthRaiden666

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Most dissapointing racing games for me where:

Test Drive Unlimited 2, the handling was so bad, even a small bump could flip the car, online was a nightmare for joining friends. Its now gone from my collection.

FUEL: Brilliant concept, but just way too big for a quick blast.

Motorstorm Apocolypse: Its too much now, I had it on disc and thought the cut scenes where crap. I don't have a 3D TV and found the graphics worse in 2D The series was going downhill in Pacific Rift.

I also have racing game wise for PS3: Dirt, Dirt 2, Dirt 3, Dirt Showdown, F1 Championship Edition, F1 2010, F1 2012, Supercar Challenge, Ferrari Experiance (redownload I must), NASCAR 2011 and the 1st Motorstorm. And anti-gravity racing wise, the excellent WipeOut HD and on my VIta Wipeout 2048.

16. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    I bought TDU2 in the hope that it'd be glorious but yes I'm sorry to admit that it was a dog of a game handling wise and the plot for the offline was utterly woeful and it's now gone from my collection also.

17. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    The original was a very close second to the best open world racer, of course next to burnout paradise lol. Can't believe they made a sequel worse.

18. clarkyspeaks

clarkyspeaks Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    clarkyspeaks

Definately a fun one for the both of us, plus a few others!!!!

Well if you guys want to put a night up for playing then I dont mind at all!!!!

Maybe Monday Night Mayhem should do a whirl wind comeback, and we can alternate between other games each week.

Just a thought!

19. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    And a good thought at that!

The plan was to start Monday Night Mayhem/ Monday Night Pick 'N' Mix after the holiday period in September and get a range of games going over the weeks, such as NFS, Dead Space, Borderlands etc. :)

20. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    We could have suggestions put to a vote the previous week on what random game we should dig out to play on Monday nights. Or perhaps 2 random nights "Monday race nights" and "friday fight night" for random shooters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice