X360 ALL 360 OWNERS NEED TO READ THIS!!!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive the misfortune of beta testing the new system coming out in August. I say the misfortune, as Ive been stitched up, and had I been made aware I wouldnt have signed up for the beta testing in the first place.

Anyway, the update converts your Microsoft points to real cash, and leaves it in your account. And heres the punchline; I was going to save 800 of my 930 Microsoft points to get Flashback when its released in August. The new update has converted my 930 points to £7.43 (never mind that the dashboard charges you more for Microsoft points), and even worse all 800 point games are now £8.99. So that game I couldve afforded before the update I can no longer afford.

So, all fellow 360 owners, make sure you spend all your points asap, otherwise you are not going to like the enforced conversion rate put on you by Microsoft:x Suffice to say, us beta testers arent happy.

Thats it for me. Im not spending any more money on the 360 at all now. Microsoft have got their last penny from me now.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
As I said before: Idiots!
What will they think of next to piss gamers off, charging you for getting achievements on a game? Bling, you've killed 100 enemies with molotovs. 50 Cents will be deducted from your account. Have a nice day.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Honestly!! Aren't they getting enough grief at the mo? It must have occurred to them that its not going to go down well.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I understand the need to move away from their points system, but if anything they should give you a more lenient exchange rate for the transfer given that you're all loyal customers.

Bumping the price of things up in the shift over is not going to go down well though, prices are going to be a lot more transparent now and as mentioned, it's not the sort of press they want to be getting at the moment.

So there's even more reason for a current xbox gamer to consider moving over to PS4 when the next gen systems arrive....poor form Microsoft, and to think that a short six months ago I was dead set on not getting the PS4 and the next Xbox was the system I was thinking of as the strongest contender for my cash.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
The data is from a beta test and i'm sure Microsoft will sort the issue out, maybe they haven't implemented the exchange rate properly. I have current points I will be spending before the august update but just because I won't ever use them anyway. Maybe an error on M$ part. Shame all the same the bad press continues, strangely enough I mentioned this to a couple of mates yesterday and they hadn't heard about it was it on the news?

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Xbox beta: Inflated game pricing an 'unintended error', says MS

Firm promises reimbursements to affected beta testers

Microsoft has said that the expensive prices attached to EU Xbox Live Arcade titles for testers of the new Xbox 360 dashboard beta are an 'unintended error'.

An upcoming system update is set to axe Microsoft Points and replace them with real-world currency. But early beta testers have complained that the conversion from MS Points to real money has resulted in significantly higher prices, especially in the UK.

A Microsoft rep has issued an official statement to clarify that the pricing is 'incorrect', and promises reimbursements for those who've paid for games at the inflated pricing.

"We are aware that select regions experienced some incorrect game title pricing in the Xbox Live beta. This was an unintended error that we are in the process of fixing," a Microsoft rep told CVG.

"We'll be reimbursing impacted beta participants for the difference in what was paid and what the price will be after the update is available to all members," it added.

"Of note, beta programs give us a chance to test, fix and correct issues like this. As with all betas, we take the learnings from our program and make corrections and adjustments prior to the update being available to all members. As always, we appreciate the participation of our beta customers in helping us launch and build great products," concluded the rep.

Source: CVG

The question is, was this really an 'unintended error' or is M$ doing a u-turn on this like they did on the XBone with DRM?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The question is, was this really an 'unintended error' or is M$ doing a u-turn on this like they did on the XBone with DRM?
Unlike the Xbox180 details this is a beta, so you 'should' give them the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think that's going to happen with the recent bad press and the Sony fanboys jumping on every little detail.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Absolute bollocks. Intended error my arse. They don't like the fact that so many beta testers have broken the NDA to complain about it openly. They orginally claimed the prices were more in line with the PSN, but that claims since been rubbished. What has happened to Microsoft? Seems they just can't stop ballsing things up at the mo. So much bad feeling and ill will towards them from all quarters.