• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Albums I'm awaiting

Northlander

Reaction score
It's that time of the year when a few of the bands I follow offer up their latest opus...

Just received Vader's newest offering (listening to it while I type this)
vader-tibietigni.jpg

Comming soon...

Mastodon
1398798024825.jpg

Origin's 6th album!
origin-omnipresent-album.jpg

and finally the extreme Belphegor return! :woot:
Belphegor-ConjuringTheDeadLarge.jpg

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey @Northlander - hope you are well.

Mastodon rings a bell but can't say the rest do - are they all as hard?

Personally I've been listening to a lot of releases on the Ad Noiseum, Ant-Zen & Tympanik labels over the last few years, due to preferring a bit more of an industrial & heavy bass sound.

If you are looking for any recommendations on that tip, then give me a shout.

Northlander

Reaction score
Put it this way Mastodon are the 'softest' heavy one's in that selection!!! :lol:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Never heard of them, but that artwork is stunning. Very Heavy Metal (the magazine, not the music genre)

Bloodfairy

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cor, they look all kinds of scary. Yes, im a girls blouse. The colourful one looks cool though.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My last dabble into this genre was soo long ago! "502" by Megadeath was my in car driving track of choice back in the early 90's. sad to say my most recent album purchase was Katy Perry for my 5 year old....

Arrgh I am so much of an old fogey!

Just googled Omnipresent, one for the next kids party pass the parcel I think!

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
See in my day you could sing along to Heavy Metal tunes! Pauses dip his false teeth in the luke warm cup of tea and then get a lost vacant look in my eye...

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've some seriously disturbing tastes in music - will post links here on Sunday.
@Northlander - you may enjoy them!
/insert mosh smiley here

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll see your disturbing tastes against mine. I like Alien Sex Fiend, Specimen, Gaye Bykers On Acid, Marilyn Manson, Sex Pistols etc, but I also love Tom Jones, Andy Williams, Barry Manilow, Marc Almond (especially), Abba. My cd collection looks like someones robbed a house full of eclectic people and put all their cds together:lol:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That omnipresent track just gave me a headache. I hate that kind of "singing". The one on the racing video is more my thing.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll see your disturbing tastes against mine. I like Alien Sex Fiend, Specimen, Gaye Bykers On Acid, Marilyn Manson, Sex Pistols etc, but I also love Tom Jones, Andy Williams, Barry Manilow, Marc Almond (especially), Abba. My cd collection looks like someones robbed a house full of eclectic people and put all their cds together:lol:
Such a Senior.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The Last Waltz with The Band on Spotify. Still waiting.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Aren't no Guns n Roses thats for sure...

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just remembered I was going to post some links to some of the heavier yet still counts as music (as opposed to the more drone/textures/noise) stuff I've been listening to recently.

http://nullpoint.bandcamp.com/track/hold-up-your-severed-head-that-some-may-drink
http://stazma-the-junglechrist.bandcamp.com/track/noise-acid
http://peaceoff.bandcamp.com/track/dead-channel

Don't worry, it ain't always that angsty. For instance, I was listening to Die Antwoord latest "Donker Mag" on the walk home & Mad-Hop Volume 8 in the office this afternoon:
http://mad-hop.bandcamp.com/track/osgood-slatter

Anyway, a proper Summer tune to finish on! .

Just a bit eclectic. ;)

ps tried posting this yesterday but the laptop is properly misbehaving. That "Save Draft" thing is well good.

Last edited:

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
wow those are heavy bands there.

I prefer my classic metal bands. Also symphonic goth metal, like Within Temptation, Sirenia etc.

I use Spotify to stream now. Not brought a CD or anything on itunes in a while. If its Iron Maiden, then i will.