PS3 Aftermath now live

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I say now live, but Im guessing so. Im just downloading the new patch (1935MB if you're interested). The trophies and assignments are all there too, so Im guessing once the patch has been installed it'll be there in the Store to download.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can you let me know how to grab the DLC after the patch is downloaded please?...in as much detail as possible so I can have my wife set the downloads away for me while i'm at work.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
mmmm......still no update on either Stores. Yet theres about 30 people clearly playing it.

I'll post up when its on. That 2GB patch took forever to download and install.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just found this on the BF facebook page...

This earthquake ravaged expansion pack is available today for our PS3 Premium members at the following times:
Europe: Nov 27 4-8 PM GMT
US: Nov 27 4-8 PM PST
Japan/Asia: Nov 28 10 AM-2 PM JST

Dmk222

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I just downloaded the patch nothing in store as of yet ,I 'll try later

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well its live now, all 1.6GB of it. God if you thought the patch was slow, good luck with the DLC. Did about 1% in about 15 mins, and Ive got 14.1MB connection too. :roll: :eh:

I guess every man and his dog is downloading this right now. Why not put it up earlier to stretch the peak sessions. Now all the school kids, people who've left work, and spongers of the state like me are all downloading at the same time. Put it up about 12ish and me and my kind can get it then, the kids next, and dad when hes home from work. Got to be a bit easier on the poor old PSN servers.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Slaine said:
Well its live now, all 1.6GB of it. God if you thought the patch was slow, good luck with the DLC. Did about 1% in about 15 mins, and Ive got 14.1MB connection too. :roll: :eh:
Took about 15 mins on my 70Mb connection. :1thumbup: :D Plus I did it twice, once for each PS3. ;)

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Martok said:
Slaine said:
Took about 15 mins on my 70Mb connection. :1thumbup: :D Plus I did it twice, once for each PS3. ;)
Git!! ;)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I won't be on tonight then, i'll set it away and give it ten minutes, but if it's not 100% by the time the kids are in bed I'm gonna have to wait until Thursday as I wanna make the most of my gaming time tonight.

Dmk222

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Slaine said:

I guess every man and his dog is downloading this right now. Why not put it up earlier to stretch the peak sessions. Now all the school kids, people who've left work, and spongers of the state like me are all downloading at the same time. Put it up about 12ish and me and my kind can get it then, the kids next, and dad when hes home from work. Got to be a bit easier on the poor old PSN servers.
am i looking in the wrong place i haven't got it yet i checked the in game store

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Dmk222 said:
am i looking in the wrong place i haven't got it yet i checked the in game store
Search for Battlefield 3 in the PS Store and then you'll find it in the add-ons.

Dmk222

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Martok said:
Dmk222 said:
Search for Battlefield 3 in the PS Store and then you'll find it in the add-ons.
thanks martok all sorted

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Was gonna play tonight but my ps3 didn't auto download my updates :-\ thanks ps+

I must have turned it on before the auto update started. My own fault really bit enjoying MoH Single Player tonight

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well I downloaded the patch and then the DLC from the store and nothing worked. It must have been a corrupt download/install as it wouldn't let me join Martok and Halo because I allegedly did not have the content. Couldn't find it as an option to choose in the quick match menu either. I am now on my second attempt at downloading the DLC (this time from the in-game store). After rebooting my router to see if that helped (it didn't) my router is now only showing my speed as 5.8 Mb so you can imagine nothing is happening particularly fast at the moment. If it doesn't work this time I'm going to scream loud enough to wake the neighbours.

EDIT - second install worked! Played a couple of games with some peeps and I've gotta say I'm liking what I see so far.