• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Actually this is Foxtrot : Commander woes

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I rather like the commander mode and often play it on my Nexus 7 tablet. It's a way to get a "quick" Battlefield fix when time or location doesn't allow playing the main game.

Commander mode can be the epitome of frustration when your troops don't do as directed, squads are fractured all over the map or blindly just follow each other from point to point no matter how many times you request they attack/defend a certain point.

There have been a few occasions where I've almost hit the press to talk to scream "NOOB" at an offending squad leader. So far I've managed to restrain myself to not doing so and just squashing the annoying ones with resupply crates.

The above frustrations came out in chat earlier today :

Alpha this is Actual, you are a noob!
Bravo this is Actual. Message from Alpha, you're a noob!
Foxtrot this is Actual. Capture the point you camping sniping noob CoD player!
*supply drop*
*squish*
Foxtrot this is Actual. Oh how we larfed!

If you've got Commander blues or tips on how to be a better commander/squad leader drop them in below.

Abs

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll add a bit to this after the frustration of those bloody commander ribbons.

First up, the Commander Leadership Ribbons - somewhat of a mystery as no-one was able to get squad leaders to accept orders. The squad leader accepting the order is what is considered an order followed.

Once a squad leader has accepted the order, generating you bonus points you can set that same objective for that same squad leader again and if he picks it straight back up again you get the points again...abuse the squad leaders who accept orders.

Other tips for commander mode:
Activating the Proxy Attack after an enemy has launched a cruise missile will disable the missile before it reaches the map.
Setting an EMP drone where the enemy cruise missile is headed will blow the missile up in the air.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Like most things in life, you can't rely on other people, so i pretty much never give squad orders unless its to direct them to the bomb on the bomb planty game mode.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't think I know how you give squad orders? I've just been doing UAVs and targeting HVP etc, I've only ever once been asked for something from a squad. Can you tell them to attack a specific flag or something.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't think I know how you give squad orders? I've just been doing UAVs and targeting HVP etc, I've only ever once been asked for something from a squad. Can you tell them to attack a specific flag or something.
Yes. Drag a squad icon from the list on the right of the screen onto an objective or anywhere on the map you want them to go.

BTW if you tap on a squad icon in the list on the right you can hear any squad comms. You can also talk to them by pressing the microphone button. Of course this won't work if they are using party chat.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Squad ordering whilst on the PS4 is a lot easier.

Highlight an objective, tap square to order the currently highlighted squad to that objective, you can scroll through the squads using up/down on the D-Pad. So you can set the full team onto the same objective in a couple of seconds.