XBOne Acegadgets is now an xBox One player

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My son got his today and its looking pretty good.
I do like the windows 8 style dashboard and the fact that everything will sync with my windows PC and windows phone.
My son pre ordered 3 games from tescos. He went to collect them this morning and he's glad that he had as they had sold out of the games he bought namely Battlefield 4, Assasins creed 4 and Ryse. He reckons xBox one console sales are expected to take 47% of the next gen console sales in the UK this year and both consoles will be hard to come accross if you havent pre ordered one
I will probably activate my 14 day free trial to play online after i've finished the single player games.
My son now has a part time job when he's not at Uni and says I can use the ONE when he's not in.
Does anyone else have ONE?
:tumbleweed:
Or am I the only ONE?
:tumbleweed:
I put a proper report in on what the new console is like to use after i've had a few days on it.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm a Sony fanboy, we will never talk again.

No really, congratz with the ONE, looking forward to here more about it! (especially the part with the windows phone sync)

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Sony all the way. I'll be playing my PS3 untill it breaks down and then go for a PS4.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Literally just had a go with my sons Xbox One. Ive signed in with my profile there and left it on his HDD. I stuck my head around his bedroom door later to see what game hes playing and it popped up "Hi Kevin" on the screen (thats me for anyone that doesnt know or realise). Kinect isnt perfect by a long chalk. Some things work pretty well and others are just dire (the voice commands on the dashboard for instance). Ryse was disappointing to say the least. Highpoint for me is viewing next gen achievements, which look sweet.

No plans to ever get one Ace, sorry. PS4 all the way for me.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
5 reasons to buy an xBox one (from the Independent)

Entertainment
It’s not just that you can pass live TV through the Xbox One (allowing TV/internet split screens and always-on notifications for game invites) but there’s also the fact that the console supports the .mp3 format and is integrated with SkyDrive, Microsoft’s cloud storage service. Sony will surely be adding some of these features after the PS4's launch, but it seems that the Xbox One still offers more ways to handle different types of content. Add in a range of different apps for video on demand services and the Xbox One becomes a certified entertainment hub.
Exclusives
Neither the PS4 or the Xbox One have a particularly stellar array of launch titles but Microsoft, I think, has the edge. They offer the straightforward high-def experiences of Forza 5 and Killer Instinct as well as the cinematic scope of Ryse and the (apparently) charming distraction of Zoo Tycoon. Look to the future and you not only have franchises like Halo and Fable returning, but new IP (intellectual properties) like Cobalt (the next title from Minecraft creators Mojang) and Titanfall (above) perhaps the most exciting of the next-gen shooters.

Cloud power
Titanfall will also be a game that shows of the possibilities of Microsoft’s expertise with cloud computing. Although this mechanism hasn’t featured heavily in the launch titles, developers will be adapting to it in the future - using Microsoft’s $700 million Project Mountain data center to offer back-end support to Xbox One titles. This will help everything from lag in online shooters, to cloud-based AI support so your console can focus on delivering the best graphics. There are potential problems of course (what if the cloud fails? What if more games do eventually require always-on internet?) but the benefits are too good to ignore.

Voice commands
From Star Trek to Iron Man, speaking to your computer is one of those hallmarks of future technology, and Microsoft is determined to bring it into your living room. It’s not without its problems (you have to e-nun-see-ate when speaking and you sometimes always feel daft repeating instructions to your TV) but the voice commands in the Xbox One are incredibly powerful and they’ll become more streamlined over time. And if switching between games and TV just by speaking doesn’t sound useful to you then just think of the time you’ll save by telling your console ‘Xbox on’ instead of hunting for that controller.

Kinect 2.0
Okay, so in the post-PRISM age it’s not reassuring to think that Microsoft will have an unblinking eye located in living rooms up and down the country, but you’d be foolish to ignore the Kinect 2.0’s capabilities. The skeletal tracking is way more advanced than previously (although the checking-your-pulse-by-watching-your-skin is, yes, a tad weird) and early reports of titles like Xbox Fitness suggest that it’s actually a pretty useful tool. Having your console correct your push-up posture might not sound like a great gaming experience, but sitting on the sofa, controller in hand, won't improve your health.

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Might get one in a year or two - usually do went with xbox last time first though so going with PS4 this time and xbox one later on in it's life line - also when prices come down a bit ;)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nope, Ace, you're not selling it to me at all!
I think a few people on my xbox have the Xbox one as it just says "Xbox One" in the list.

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I may get one, once they ain't over £300.

Alien_Chick

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh @Acegadgets don't be drawn in.....Sony are concentrating on getting the gaming side of things right and after all that is why we all buy them in the first place isn't it? I have read reports today of the xbox one and many are disappointed with the graphics and apparently the ps4 is way superior and more powerful a machine... I am not at all technical but I do know that Sony will have plenty of things in store that they haven't shouted from the rooftops....and the ps3 already had many of the features that the xbox one now has....It's a ps4 for me when I can save up enough pennies for it :)

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What Alien Chick said :)

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Calling it a One is the only way it will ever be number 1.

The Playstation is the only brand I will whore myself to. Not a label person in any other way.

Sorry dude, I can't help you.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There is always `one` and for some reason its usually Ace. Can`t help you here Ace, in the absence of Sony truly stuffing up I will almost certainly get a PS4 when finances allow.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The xBox one is great, much better than the PS4 will be, wish I could aford my own so I dont have to sit in my sons room to play it. There are two HDMI sockets in the back but one is an input, I can probably put my PS3 into it and use the game record facility to capture me playing on GTA V. The controller actually works from my man cave down stairs when the xbox is in an upstairs bedroom so I am wondering if I can rig it up to work for me downstairs.
Do you think you can get an HDMI splitter cable and run the output to 2 HDMI Tvs, one upstairs and one down?

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Are you considering an Xbone over PS4 then Ace?

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I still think the PS4 will sell better, nice to see you trying new things Ace. I'm getting a PS4 and thats it MS have had more then enough money from me over the years (several consoles due to crummy hardware) time for Sony to have all my cash i think.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Also, Microsoft are not to be trusted. Theyve warned everyone that he always-online-DRM hasnt gone away, and that they plan to phase it in, albeit in a better communicated and positive way. I think once theyve secured a good user base, theyll start to creep stuff back in.

And @Acegadgets; youve got to be backwards not to want a PS4. #Deal with it!!

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I havent rally bothered with the new xBox one upstairs after all. I've been pretty much hooked on GTA V .
I have had a few laughs with the way it works though, as everytime I pass my sons room , I shout.
XBOX TURN OFF (pause) YES
My son tries to counter my YES command with a NO , so you get 30 seconds of
Yes, no , yes no, yes, no..... its a game in itself seeing who wins.