PS3 Ace Combat Infinity a PS3 exclusive and free-to-play

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As suspected, Ace Combat Infinity is only for PS3 and is free to play. Will Xbox ever get a look-in? Doesn't sound like it; Namco Bandai responded saying the game was exclusive to PS3.

A new trailer gives a fuller look at the flying game. It's set in the near future, which allows for things like giant flying super-carriers, and has a novel-sounding multiplayer mode. In it, two teams cooperate to attack a common enemy but also compete to inflict the most damage.

No word on what you'll pay for in the game, but buying new planes is probably a safe bet.

Ace Combat Infinity is due out "later in 2013".

Source: Eurogamer

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Ah, very nice. Will give this one a try and looking forward to some SNR dogfights :)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I like the idea of working in team but rather than fighting against another team directly, you fight against a common enemy and the team with the biggest score wins.

It's always been one of the inherent issues with the Ace Combat games, and indeed other aerial combat games. With no outside factors involved, two pilots who have managed to learn the flight capabilities of their planes just circle after each other, unable to get the better on the other player

This is one of the reasons I like flying jets in BF3 so much, the variety of what's in the air combined with what's on the ground that's able to target you keeps things interesting...plus you can do the whole Will Smith in Independance Day thing and get low and fast until the enemy smashes into something...the mode with only Jets still gets boring fast.

So hopefully this game mode can keep things interesting.

And another Free to Play game coming to a Sony console....are xbox getting ANY free to play games? I've not heard of any and I've certainly not heard of the big three PC games coming to the 180 (Blacklight/Warframe/Planetside) so it's making me wonder if there is something inherently wrong with the way Microsoft have been dealing with companies.

I suspect that because Valve have set a standard with their Steam service on how divide monies from the micro transactions and Sony have obviously followed suit to an extent, I wonder if this is another instance of Microsoft being greedy and not being reasonable with the terms that's putting the developers off....something really does seem wrong with Microsoft here.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Another reason for me not to rush out and buy a PS4.
I would like to see a bit of actual game footage from within the cockpit.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Another reason for me not to rush out and buy a PS4.
I would like to see a bit of actual game footage from within the cockpit.
Hope your flight stick works ;) will be awesome if it does.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Might give this a go, I enjoyed playing Birds of Steel before I traded it in, just not enough people had it.