A_Sensual_Bear approaches!

A_Sensual_Bear

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
Hi there! My name is Jack, my PSN in A_Sensual_Bear, I usually go by either jack or bear in game.
Games have always been a part of my life, I first remember playing on the SNES when I was very young and back then I had no clue what I was doing.
I was a PlayStation kid when I was growing up and was obsessed with Tomb Raider.
I eventually moved onto Xbox 360(booooo I know!) and enjoyed playing some Call of Duty and halo. I actually met my girlfriend of 9 years on Modern Warfare 2!
Since I’ve had my PS4 I’ve enjoyed playing all the exclusives, my favourite probably being God Of War. I play lots of FPS games, I’m pretty good at Call of Duty and I play Black ops 4 at the moment.
I also really enjoy Dark Souls 3 and have just recently finished Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. I’ve just bought Rage 2 so look forward to playing that as well.
I enjoy playing Apex Legends although I haven’t played with anyone but random fills yet.
I’m a big fan of the Trials Series and am currently around 1000th in the world on that.
Fortnite and Binding of Isaac are also favourites of mine, although I’m not great at Fortnite.
I have a large library of games that I’m always willing try out so if you want to play something it’s quite likely I’ll have the game.

I work shifts so am available at different times each week, hopefully that won’t be an issue. I do have no social life though so am available all weekend, every weekend.
I found Senior Gamers while googling to try and find a friendly clan to join. Hopefully all will go well.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Alright dude, Welcome to SNR.
How sensual are you?....... Never mind
You'll be ok here we're very laid back, have a look around and stuff dude.

A_Sensual_Bear

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
My level of sensuality depends on how comfortable I feel.
Hopefully I’ll end up finding some people to play with on here.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Howdy, you'll always find a seniorgamer to play with (oh err Mrs)
There is a varied mix of what people like to play, current favourites seem to be Division 2, Wildlands, far cry new dawn, bit of AC Odyssey, Diablo 3 (that will be me :1thumbup:) Destiny 2 was always a place to find people but that seems to have calmed down a bit now.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to Senior Gamers, @A_Sensual_Bear :waving:

Great intro BTW! :)

So my first question is, how did you come to choose your online username?!

Games have always been a part of my life, I first remember playing on the SNES when I was very young and back then I had no clue what I was doing.
You youngster! Good console the SNES though. I started much earlier with the ZX81, ZX Spectrum and the Intellivision. I was a teenager at the time. :oldgamer:

I was a PlayStation kid when I was growing up and was obsessed with Tomb Raider.
I loved Tomb Raider and it's that which eventually led me to buy a PS1. Played several versions on the PS1 and PS2. I've played a few since then though I much preferred them when it was all about the exploring and puzzling and about the only shooting was on bats and the odd bad guy or monster. There seems to be a lot more shooting these days and Lara has turned into a mass murderer.

I eventually moved onto Xbox 360(booooo I know!) and enjoyed playing some Call of Duty and halo. I actually met my girlfriend of 9 years on Modern Warfare 2!
Heh! I met my wife @HaloJ through video gaming! I'm very lucky, whilst some gamers have wives and girlfriends that aren't interested in gaming (or even hate it) and it limits their gaming, I'm the opposite and we game a lot together. :D ❤

I work shifts so am available at different times each week, hopefully that won’t be an issue. I do have no social life though so am available all weekend, every weekend.
Shifts shouldn't be a problem at all, we all work different hours and as we game for fun we just jump in with others as and when we can if they are playing the same game.

As @The_Carpet_Frog has said, there's a range of games being played currently. I'm one of the Division 2 fans and there's a bunch of us on that but there's a bunch of other titles he's already mentioned and more (e.g. Warframe) and of course folks do like to try out the free games (PS Plus or otherwise) - yesterday I tried both Dauntless and Path of Exile.

Anyway make yourself at home, do join in with discussions on the forum or even start some of your own and hopefully we'll see you online soon. :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hola Bear. Hope you have fun here!

Destiny 2 was always a place to find people but that seems to have calmed down a bit now.
Only until the Season of Opulence (June) drops.
I hit 700 and got bored, need new content!

A_Sensual_Bear

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
current favourites seem to be Division 2, Wildlands, far cry new dawn, bit of AC Odyssey, Diablo 3 (that will be me :1thumbup:) Destiny 2 was always a place to find people but that seems to have calmed down a bit now.
I haven’t played Wildlands yet, would it be worth getting now? Also played quite a lot of Division 2, but never with anyone that isn’t a random join.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I haven’t played Wildlands yet, would it be worth getting now? Also played quite a lot of Division 2, but never with anyone that isn’t a random join.
Definitely and the base version is cheap right now.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Definitely and the base version is cheap right now.
Or maybe not, looks like it has gone back up to full whack on the store. You can buy a physical copy cheap though.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PS not really sure how "worth it" the season 2 pass is. Ideally you want the 2 DLC story content add-ons though. I'm keeping my eye on the DLC sales for that.

A_Sensual_Bear

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
So my first question is, how did you come to choose your online username?!
People I know in real life call me bear so I wanted to use that and just thought that a sensual bear sounded funny.

I loved Tomb Raider and it's that which eventually led me to buy a PS1. Played several versions on the PS1 and PS2. I've played a few since then though I much preferred them when it was all about the exploring and puzzling and about the only shooting was on bats and the odd bad guy or monster. There seems to be a lot more shooting these days and Lara has turned into a mass murderer.
Yeah I think the old Tomb Raiders are definitely better. I still enjoy the newer ones but they are a totally different kind of game really, more survival than adventure I think.

Heh! I met my wife @HaloJ through video gaming! I'm very lucky, whilst some gamers have wives and girlfriends that aren't interested in gaming (or even hate it) and it limits their gaming, I'm the opposite and we game a lot together. :D ❤
I feel really lucky to be able to enjoy games with her. There’s just a few games that she doesn’t enjoy so much so it’d be cool to play with people here.

Also wanted to ask if people are playing Battlefield V as I’ve been considering buying it.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
People I know in real life call me bear so I wanted to use that and just thought that a sensual bear sounded funny.

Yeah I think the old Tomb Raiders are definitely better. I still enjoy the newer ones but they are a totally different kind of game really, more survival than adventure I think.

I feel really lucky to be able to enjoy games with her. There’s just a few games that she doesn’t enjoy so much so it’d be cool to play with people here.

Also wanted to ask if people are playing Battlefield V as I’ve been considering buying it.
The most recent TR (Shadow of) is a bit more of a return to form, from what I played of the demo. Bit more exploration encouraged.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
We've got a Division 2 clan (funnily enough called Senior Gamers) with around 13 people in it. There's generally a PSN party chat up most nights with people playing too. Feel free to join the clan and play with us if you would like to. It's definitely more fun playing with friends. :)

Battlefield V has gone quiet recently due to The Division 2 (seeing as most who play Battlefield also play The Division 2). I still jump on early evenings for an hour to keep The Tides of War rewards going. It may be best to hold off this for the time being unless you're happy to play with randoms at the moment.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome @A_Sensual_Bear
Good bunch of old farts here. I don’t play as much as I used to as I have stupidly procreated, but I have Battlefield V. Bedtimes (his, not mine!), have started to become a bit more consistent so I may start being a bit more active again soon.