• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

A little about myself...

DC4907

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
I would have to say at this time I am only applying for a standard membership. This is due to the fact that I am working on building up a gaming guild called "Genesis Knights" with a college buddy of mine. That is built around some of the same principles Senior Gamers is. As the founding member I cannot walk away from my baby of a guild. Even if it is not taking off as much as we wish it would.

I realized that I am a bit short of the age limit of the group. However, I have lived a life time more then most 24 year old's have. I have served the USA in the military, I am a husband and a father to a beautiful family. I am also a full time college student during the school year. SO that's a challenge from September till now every year.

At this point I think I should mention my PSN is dc4907. I am always looking for folks to game it up in the MMO's with. As for gaming history I started back with the PSONE, then PS2, then PS3 and xbox 360 and now the PS4. Very much into multiplayer games, yet there are several solo games I like. Currently those include Infamous second son, Watchdogs. As for multiplayer my guild and I are part of DC Universe Online, Warframe, Destiny(when it releases, tha'ts where it will be), Dragon age: Inquisition. I am the only one I know with a PS4 so that when I began to reach out.

I discovered Senior Gamers through the Warframe.com website when I was looking for an alliance. Seemed the group fit what I was looking for in a gaming community.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi mate, nice to meet you.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey DC, nice to meet you.

How you have the time for a family, college AND MMO style games is beyond me :o

I'm not particularly into that sort of game myself but I may well see you on the likes of Destiny....or if I bother picking Warframe back up at some point.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey @DC4907, welcome to SNR!

How do you find DC Online? I did download it and have a quick go, but I never went back to give it another try. Anyway, maybe catch you on that or Destiny when it's released. Otherwise, you'll find me on the Battlefield!

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hiya @DC4907 - you have probably met up with at least some of our Warframe contingent. I think @Acegadgets is always looking for another alliance to achieve some further greatness. Hope to see you online soon!

Bloodfairy

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome DC4907, wow you are one busy lad!
Put ya feet up when you have a mo and check out this lil world of awesomeness with a great bunch of peeps. I love to get on the battlefield and all up in peoples kool aid and shoot at thin air ( it doesn't shoot back ) Anyhoo welcome and enjoy see ya out there.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome, @DC4907 :waving:

Wow, what a busy life you have had! It's taken me nearly double the time to do what you've done (and I've not been in the military, I'd be no good at that). :o

So, you're a Warframer? Welcome to the club. :D There are a bunch of us who play the game on here. Senior Gamers is more than just the one game though, we have a dedicated bunch who play Battlefield 4 and we play a range of other games too. Watch_Dogs is a favourite of some at the moment and a lot of us are looking forward to Destiny. Add to that Diablo 3, GTA V, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and more besides.

So, how did you come about your PSN ID?

What's the guild that you are part of? Do you have a website of your own?

Anyway, hope to see you online soon. :)

DC4907

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Hey @DC4907, welcome to SNR!

How do you find DC Online? I did download it and have a quick go, but I never went back to give it another try. Anyway, maybe catch you on that or Destiny when it's released. Otherwise, you'll find me on the Battlefield!
I played DCUO shortly after it released here in the US and then gave it up after hitting level 30. Once you hit that point in the game it really requires that you find a solid group to continuously play with. I was a Battlefield player until I maxed out the Recon and Support. At which point I had achieved everything I wanted in the game. If you pick up Destiny. You might defiantly see me running a Warlock.

DC4907

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Hiya @DC4907 - you have probably met up with at least some of our Warframe contingent. I think @Acegadgets is always looking for another alliance to achieve some further greatness. Hope to see you online soon!
Sad to say but being on the other side of the ocean. The time zone difference throws off the chance to meet a majority of you guys. But definatly hope to see ya'll in the gaming world soon.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi DC, as I said in that other thread most of us are in the UK, but we have a couple of warframe alliance members in the US and Canada and our very own New Zealander who plays warframe at weird times of the day. We are trying to get more members from all over the world so that there are people online to play with at all times of the day , hopefully on alot of different games.
I, like many on here will probably be getting Destiny when it comes out. I am online between 5 pm GMT and 9 pm GMT which will be your afternoon time. Most of my senior friends tend to come online a bit later than this and some of them seem to be on when i leave for work in the middle of the night, so I'm sure you'll find a few friends here to play with.
BTW, dont be fooled by the "Seniors" tag. We might be a bit older than you , but you are probably more "Mature" than a lot of us are as we don't really take gaming too seriously .

DC4907

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Welcome, @DC4907 :waving:

Wow, what a busy life you have had! It's taken me nearly double the time to do what you've done (and I've not been in the military, I'd be no good at that). :o

So, you're a Warframer? Welcome to the club. :D There are a bunch of us who play the game on here. Senior Gamers is more than just the one game though, we have a dedicated bunch who play Battlefield 4 and we play a range of other games too. Watch_Dogs is a favourite of some at the moment and a lot of us are looking forward to Destiny. Add to that Diablo 3, GTA V, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and more besides.

So, how did you come about your PSN ID?

What's the guild that you are part of? Do you have a website of your own?

Anyway, hope to see you online soon. :)
It is a busy life, however with classes being out currently and only work to worry about. I have a much large section of time to sit and enjoy a game or a deep book. I just picked up warframe because it is free to play and most other free to plays I was bored of. So I figured I would play Warframe till Destiny released then maybe take a step back to it every now and again. I am definatly more than a one game person. Though I do tend to gravitate from one to another, depending on who is playing and if I have a group to game with. To me gaming is about community and if there is not a community for me to enjoy the game with. I would rather read a book or watch a movie. Destiny is where my attention will be once the beta releases. Hopefully it will share server with PS3 and Hopefully our two guilds can continue to ally through games. As for my PSN it is a combination of my childhood nickname and some random numbers.

The guild I am a founder of is called "Genesis Knights" which me and a college buddy thought it would be awesome to do with DCUO and League of legends. But decided to expand it to any MMO we play. SO Warframe, Destiny, DCUO, League, etc. We do it all...The guild however has kind of flopped but, I will stay with it. If ya'll want to checkout our site in progress the webpage is genesisknights.enjin.com

DC4907

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Hi DC, as I said in that other thread most of us are in the UK, but we have a couple of warframe alliance members in the US and Canada and our very own New Zealander who plays warframe at weird times of the day. We are trying to get more members from all over the world so that there are people online to play with at all times of the day , hopefully on alot of different games.
I, like many on here will probably be getting Destiny when it comes out. I am online between 5 pm GMT and 9 pm GMT which will be your afternoon time. Most of my senior friends tend to come online a bit later than this and some of them seem to be on when i leave for work in the middle of the night, so I'm sure you'll find a few friends here to play with.
BTW, dont be fooled by the "Seniors" tag. We might be a bit older than you , but you are probably more "Mature" than a lot of us are as we don't really take gaming too seriously .
Awww, this makes sense to me. Some of my In-laws live in the UK so I sort of understand the time difference between here and there. I am one in the time I can spare. I don't want to give the wrong impression, but video games to me are just that. Games and people that take them to serious are not the kind of folks I enjoy playing with. Now to have a serious gamer in a group is nice because they usually understand the game better than a casual gamer like myself. But, I just play to relax and pass the time with friends. I use to be a serious game addict, now however I have no problem plowing through a game and then not playing for a week or so. Though it maybe hard with Destiny and Dragonage coming out in less than 6 months...it will be a tough balance between family,school, self and recreation.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
'Ola @DC4907 - if I'm online for any MMO's at any point soon, I'll look out for you.

Bloodfairy

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ummm stupid question time.... What on earth is MMO games? :problem:

Bloodfairy

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Gidday mate :waving: So where abouts in yanky doodle land are ya bud.

DC4907

Occasional Gamer
Reaction score
Thanks to y'all that invited me up on warframe yesterday. It quite a few laughs. Though some people drowned out everyone else... With their suicide bombing. Looking forward to hitting you all in warframe and destiny for sure. Thanks for helping me out there. Y'all should add me up for destiny. Hoping the guild will enlarge soon.