• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

A little about myself

Fatlesswheat

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
About me you ask? Hmm...well, for starters I love long walks on the beach and a glass of wine while I read my novels. I also--wait...you mean this is not a form to fill out for an online dating service? Oh. REDO!

Hello, my name is Scott. You may all call me fatless, or as my new username among many new games, I go by danger, dangerzone, etc. (It comes from Top Gun).

I am very passionate about my college major, EET. I've always been fond of technology since I was just a little kid. At only 6yo, I fixed a toy police car I had (A wire inside of it came loose).

I have various hobbies. These being airsoft/milsim, beach volleyball, bowling, swimming, videogames, sleeping in, and enjoying life to its fullest.

I am someone who loves a good laugh and does not mind giving one. I like to talk about all sorts of stuff, but I do my best to not overdo it.

Well, that's me. Take it as it is, gentleman, and women (if applicable).

Now then, I currently had been playing GTA: Online with the SNRS, such as aceofgadgets, ruddracer, farfromsane, pede2010, and pezza. I did missions/jobs with 'em every night so I figured I might as well join. Looking forwards to seeing all of you in the very near future :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey @Fatlesswheat /Scott, welcome to SNR. :waving:

Unusual PSN ID, how did you come about this?

Good to hear you have played with a bunch of Seniors already on GTA. I'm guessing from some of what you have posted that you are on the other side of the Big Pond? If so, what time do you normally play online? Possibly early afternoon your time or we have some late players amongst those you listed as most of us are in Europe.

So, how did you come across the SNR gang in GTA in the first place?

Do tell us a bit more about your gaming history - consoles/PCs played on, favourite games, that sort of stuff. It's good to reminisce! I'm guessing by your young age of 21 that you probably only go as far back as the PS1?

Anyway,do have a look around the site and feel free to join in any discussions and I'm sure that some of the others will post to say hello in the morning. :)

Fatlesswheat

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
Hey @Fatlesswheat /Scott, welcome to SNR. :waving:

Unusual PSN ID, how did you come about this?

Good to hear you have played with a bunch of Seniors already on GTA. I'm guessing from some of what you have posted that you are on the other side of the Big Pond? If so, what time do you normally play online? Possibly early afternoon your time or we have some late players amongst those you listed as most of us are in Europe.

So, how did you come across the SNR gang in GTA in the first place?

Do tell us a bit more about your gaming history - consoles/PCs played on, favourite games, that sort of stuff. It's good to reminisce! I'm guessing by your young age of 21 that you probably only go as far back as the PS1?

Anyway,do have a look around the site and feel free to join in any discussions and I'm sure that some of the others will post to say hello in the morning. :)
Oooh boy, I get to go in-depth!

Let's see....Well, as long as I am not working or at college, I am on either my gaming PC (more on that later), or my ps3. I am most active usually from 8pm to 2/3am EST. (I live in Pennsylvania). I had come across you guys from Ruddracer. I had just met a friend by the name of sharktonmcjames and told me ruidd was a chill guy and should add him (which he is). After that I started doing survivals with Rudd on GTA, and partaking in TDM, DM, and races every night with the SNRS.

My gaming history started when I was no more than 8 years old, and my father bought me a Sega Genesis, 2 controllers and like 20 games. I LOVED that console. I still have the console in the garage somewhere, but have no idea where the games are.

Next up, is the Sega Saturn my father bought for me later down the road (Before his personal business picked up a lot more, we used to play games together a lot). This is a WHOPPING collection. Sega Saturn that STILL works, the cables, gameshark, memory expansion, 20+ games, arcade style controller, 2 normal controllers and a steering column. I still have al of it and play from time to time. Panzer Dragon is my favorite without a doubt.

Then came the original xbox. Very nice collection for it as well. I stopped playing it up until a few months ago and went out and bought Mechassault 2. I tried playing it a few days ago, but got a RROD on it. Opened it up, and the HDD was making clicking noises. Took the HDD apart, and apparently the read/write needle assembly had broken which was what was making the noises. So its a paperweight :(

Then I bought a gamecube on my own about 8-10 years ago, and my first game bought was super mario sunshine (love that game), eventually sold that. Then a ps2 from a friend, sold that too after a year or two.

Then from me being 17-21 years old, I kept switching between owning a xbox 360 and a ps3. This was due to lack of friends on ps3 or xboxes breaking on me causing me to switch back and forth. I could always fix the xbox 360 on my own. The E74 is an easy fix. I take it apart, and replace the x-clamps holding the GPU and CPU heatsinks down with actual nuts/bolts and lockwashers. I also replace the thermal paste with arctic cooler 5 (great stuff). Then the secondary chips failed on the 2nd xbox 360. I took 3 or 4 quarters, wrapped em up both ways in electric tape, got a dab of thermal paste, and replaced the thermal tape on 'em. Worked like a charm. I went through two xbox 360's 1 xbox 360 elite, and one xbox 360 slim. For PS3's I went through a 40GB phat, a 120GB slim, and now I own a 250GB super slim. I also own a ps4.

Recently I put together a nice gaming pc for myself. Here's a link to my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2L1pp. I have the CPU OC'd to 4.5GHz, and the GPU to 1.3GHz. Yes. 1.3. It is stable believe it or not. The case I got for $60 from a friend. I just don't have the 2 1TB HDDs yet, so I am using the 1TB 2.5" HDD from my gaming laptop (That I upgraded from).

My favorite games are honestly anything mecha. Armored Core, Mechwarrior, Chromehounds, Gundam, etc. I do enjoy sandbox games and racing games as well.

As for my psn id (It is over 4 years old and has survived the constant changing of consoles), this was back when I bought my first xbox 360. I was 15 at the time, and I wanted the gamertag, "Fantom", but it was taken, and the xbox suggested some names, and "Fatlesswheat" was one of them and it has stood the test of time. However, I tend to use dangerzone for things now out of my love for top gun.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
hi fatless, glad to see you made it here. , just off to work, i'll reply properly when i get home.

RuddRacer

Casual Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
About me you ask? Hmm...well, for starters I love long walks on the beach and a glass of wine while I read my novels. I also--wait...you mean this is not a form to fill out for an online dating service? Oh. REDO!

Hello, my name is Scott. You may all call me fatless, or as my new username among many new games, I go by danger, dangerzone, etc. (It comes from Top Gun).

I am very passionate about my college major, EET. I've always been fond of technology since I was just a little kid. At only 6yo, I fixed a toy police car I had (A wire inside of it came loose).

I have various hobbies. These being airsoft/milsim, beach volleyball, bowling, swimming, videogames, sleeping in, and enjoying life to its fullest.

I am someone who loves a good laugh and does not mind giving one. I like to talk about all sorts of stuff, but I do my best to not overdo it.

Well, that's me. Take it as it is, gentleman, and women (if applicable).

Now then, I currently had been playing GTA: Online with the SNRS, such as aceofgadgets, ruddracer, farfromsane, pede2010, and pezza. I did missions/jobs with 'em every night so I figured I might as well join. Looking forwards to seeing all of you in the very near future :)
Fatlesswheat,
Glad you took the time to inquire with Seniorgamers.

Martok,
I mentioned to Fatlesswheat that Seniorgamers was a group of more mature gamers with a code of conduct that was attractive to me. I suggested he take a look at the website and if interested he should introduce himself as a process of membership.

There is one other person Fatlesswheat and I have played with over the last couple of nights and his PSN name is magnum_pa3. It would not surprise me if he visited our site soon.

Fatlesswheat

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
Thank you Rudd. Good to see you all have a friendly environment here. As for magnum_pa3, he was saying how he had joined a crew on GTA: Online, but since he does not really know anyone from within the crew, they never invite him to anything. He also said he might have to check us out at some point, after Rudd had mentioned SNRS to him.

Either way, I'm here to say for the foreseeable future. Read over the CoC, and I am confident I can live with those rules just fine.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi mate glad you decided to visit.:waving:

unfortunately I could naver call myself "fatless", and thats not just because youve nabbed it from psn yourself :cry:

Anyway, anyone whose cool with our GTA guys is fine by me!! I've bunged you a friends request. Hope to get a game or two with you soon:1thumbup:

Fatlesswheat

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
Added and looking forwards to it. Weird...nobody is on. You silly British folk and your tea and scone time. haha just kidding. Seriously though, scones are really good. My local bakery makes 'em fresh every day. Can't beat a chocolate chip scone....even outweighs choc. chip cookies in taste.

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome Fatless.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Added and looking forwards to it. Weird...nobody is on. You silly British folk and your tea and scone time. haha just kidding. Seriously though, scones are really good. My local bakery makes 'em fresh every day. Can't beat a chocolate chip scone....even outweighs choc. chip cookies in taste.
Yeah I'm something of an early riser. I was up at 4.30am today.

I've sent you a name request too. Feel free to accept or decline as you see fit.

Actually, I'm a coffee and cookies man, hence why you can't call me fatless!!:D

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello Fatless, welcome to our little retirement home. When not in school or attending to my kids I too like a game of GTA. So I'll chuck you a fr soon enough to get some games going.
Don't be alarmed by my accent though. I'm Dutch and cannot help it speaking fluently Scottish.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can't beat a chocolate chip scone....even outweighs choc. chip cookies in taste.
I can't say I've ever had a chocolate chip scone. I like the 'proper' ones with sultanas in (I think they are called seedless raisins in the US). Topped with butter, strawberry jam and clotted cream!

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I discovered Cherry Bakewell scones the other day, ****ing awesome! Do you get Cherry Bakewell's over there?

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've been playing with Fatless a fair bit this week, he seems to be on in his afternoon time a fair bit which is early evening for me and a good time to play.
He's a great lad, not at all like your stereo typical young American who like play their rap mucic annoyingly in the background and shout and swear at everyone who beats them.
He seems quite happy to come last in a race (not that he has very often) or get shot to pieces by one of us old guys as long as its fun.
I'll check out your PC build page fatless, A few of us made new PC's about a year ago, but we built budget priced gaming systems. Check out the" £300 pound gaming computer" thread. I'll add you as a steam friend, although I dont play many multiplayer games on PC its interesting to see what others are playing.
You might also want to have a look at what your new gaming pals look like on the "media" pages.
I'll also nip over to the rockstar social club website and add you to the crew . See you online later today or possibly early tomorrow morning, We've got some new GTA jobs to try out.

Edit,,, You didn't really spend $1700 on a PC did you? We spent like $400 and it plays minecraft really well.

Edit 2,,, I see that you are on the rockstar social club as a Dangerzone922, you should now be able to see more of the crew and our jobs. media etc,

Last edited:

Fatlesswheat

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
I had spent $1700 on a gaming PC because I wanted to future proof it. I am currently playing Mechwarrior: Online http://mwomercs.com. It utilizes cryengine 3 and I am able to play the game in ultra setting in excess of 60fps.

This was more or less a personal project of mine as seeing I am in college for electronics, I wanted to build something that could further my knowledge of electronics and technology. I had used some of my college refund check from the previous semester, and the rest out of my own saved money.

Also, yeah, I'll add anyone who wishes to add me.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey fatless, welcome to SNR. :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ola! If/when I get a bit more freetime, I'll hopefully catch you online for some GTA: Online.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Fat Lass and welcome.... I currently AFC (away from controller) due to other commitments but will shortly be coming back. I take it your probably not going to be getting one of these new fangled and shinny PS4's after spending so much on a PC. I did try MWO but after losing around 100 games in a row I gave up. I currently jump between half finished projects and PC gaming as im already sitting infront of my PC and my TV is normally stuck on some lady drama crap until my bird goes to sleep. What other PS3 games do you play? Do you have a list of PC games you play most often?