50 and refuse to grow old gracefully !

KicksOnRoute66

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm an OnR player and I'm looking for some action on the track or on the battlefield, I think I have played with and against a few of you on our Wed night Old And Rubbish server I'd love to spread my wings and find more old degenerate players to cower in a corner from and Wilks mentioned you guys in a post so here am !
My Faceache page is https://www.facebook.com/ian.underwood.14 If your interested !

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi KicksOnRoute66 and welcome to the site. :waving:

I haven't met you online as I'm generally on The Last of Us on Wednesdays, so I guess you've met with some of our other members.

BF3 is still played by some each week but it's not been as strong in recent months, I guess it's the end-of-a-generation lull. However, folk are getting excited at the prospect of BF4 on the PS4 and there's been a bit of a revival in the game recently. Just tonight we joined with some OAPs and a few other communities (I think there were some OnR folk on there too) for a night of fun on a server courtesy of @Wilks from OAP. Rather fun it was too and hopefully something we'll do again soon.

You'll be pleased to know that at 50 you aren't the oldest around here. You're certainly beaten by @Acegadgets and I'm only 4 years your junior. All I'll say is - older gamers are the best! :oldgamer:

So, what is your gaming history? I bet you've played on a whole range of consoles over the years? What did you start with? What have been your favourite games over the years? And right now, apart from BF3, what else are you playing?

Do make yourself at home and feel free to join in or start any conversations across the forums as well as come along to any of our events. You can also check out our new media gallery - feel free to comment or rate any videos/images and you can even add some yourself!

Hope to see you online soon. :D

Last edited:

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
And that answer's the question 'Who the hell Is this Ian Underwood geezer and why has he sent me a friends request on Facebook? :D
Welcome to SNR.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi Ian, glad you stopped by. Hope to get a game or two with you

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi KicksOnRoute66, welcome to SNR! Hope to catch you online soon. :)

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome Kicks. I'm one of the regular-ish BF3 players, would be awesome to get some games in with you, i'll try to remember to throw your a friends request when i'm on next.

KicksOnRoute66

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
What other games do you guys play I have MW2 and 3, Black ops2, Killzone3 and GT5 OH and Need For Speed of PSN !!
I'll start sending FR tonight and thanks for the reception .

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What other games do you guys play I have MW2 and 3, Black ops2, Killzone3 and GT5 OH and Need For Speed of PSN !!
I'll start sending FR tonight and thanks for the reception .
Not much love for CoD around here I'm afraid.

We have played KZ3, GT5 and NFS:MW but not at the moment with the summer lull. I think all of these will be back up and being played regularly from September onwards.

The main ones being played over the last few weeks are Defiance, The Last of Us and BF3. You can take a look in our Events forum to see what's currently on and what we've played before.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There's a few here plodding through Borderlands 2 at varying paces too.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ola - I'm still regularly playing NFS: Most Wanted and have just picked up the reduced price add-ons, so please do feel free to add me!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! I've just accepted your FR on Facebook. You certainly do look like you're refusing to grow old gracefully :clap:

COD is a dirty word over here, go wash your mouth out with soap. I'm a bit of a lapsed gamer at the moment I'm afraid but BF3 is my game of choice and @mick is always on GT5. Few of us have NFS Most Wanted too.

See you about!

Last edited by a moderator:

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
:woot:Another Quinquaginarian called Ian ! I've been around since the fifties young man and have had just about every computer and console thats been sold.
I used to be a prolific gamer, but this year i've only really played a bit of Battlefield 3, GT5, NFS most wanted and more recently the last of us on the PS3. I do go on my PC a fair bit playing stratergies and a bit of warframe. I'll not be getting a PS4 until the price of the games comes down a bit. Likely to get Grand theft auto and GT 6 when they are out on the PS3 and looking forward to total war Rome 2 next month,along with Battlefield 4 on the PC which will be a dam site cheaper than other formats.
If you are likely to be playing any of the above before 9 pm ( which is my bed time) then we'll have to get a game or two together.

KicksOnRoute66

Newbie Gamer
Reaction score
Mr gadgets I too am waiting till March to get the PS4 so will be running with Battlefield4 on the PS3 . don't really care about players having a 4 or 5 month head start on a multiplayer , it adds a good twist to your gaming if your under powered and have to be one sneaky son of a gun plus like you going to see if I can get a second hand copy or at least cheaper than launch !
It's a pity that the industry is and ability to play are dictated to by price !

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was tempted to get Battlefield 4 on the PS3, but the cheapest i've seen is £36.99 as opposed to a graphically better £29.99 on PC . No way will I want to pay fifty quid for the PS4 version which is why i'm not getting a PS4 straight away. I'm Still hoping that theres a PS3 price drop nearer to the release day as I reckon all the hard core gamers will be getting the next gen consoles leaving a lot of casual gamers , who i might be able to kill a bit easier with the PS3 version..

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome KOR66. Enjoy your stay and I'll see you online :1thumbup:

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome Kicks! I enjoy a bit of battlefield now and then but I'm not so hardcore as some, I also try to make as many GT5 events as I can which are well overdue for their imminent revival. Either way, I'm looking forward to gaming with you soon.

P-Newson666

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello Kicks, nice to see you made it to SNR.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
he was in and then a day later he was out.