• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS3 3D Dot Game Heroes

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Having picked this up for cheap about 6 months after release (£20 if I recall correctly), it sat still in wrap for a few months & eventually I played through the intro and sidelined - so it has literally been sitting at the top of my pile of "must go back to" titles since 20 January 2011. (Alphabetically it proceeds Alpha Protocol, Azura's Wrath, Dark Souls, Dead Space, Demon's Souls & the like, all in a big spindle!)

Managed to quite happily sink 3-4 hours into it tonight & thoroughly enjoyed my time. Seems a happier, less stressful affair than Demon's Souls (same developer!) with some witty in - jokes, although you do need to keep on your toes & your shield up in order to maintain maximum smiting power as you only wield the big chopper when at full health.

A pleasant evening's fun UNTIL I quit to Main Menu, that is.

Starting to feel a bit dozey in RL, I made my way to an Inn to find a bed (in game as I am literally in bed playing with the projector on) & set my restore point. Quitting to the Main Menu following this, of course I clocked the "lose current progress" message & ignored it as having just set a restore point there was no additional progress to lose.

At the Main Menu screen, I accidentally hit Start to Continue instead of the Playstation button to jump to the XMB & Quit. Instantly, the interface brings up my last game save...

20/01/2011

Last edited:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I loved this. Cracking game, but im stuck at the mo.

Sorry to hear about the game save!!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Och my own daft fault. I completely failed to register the "Save" option, made an incorrect assumption & selected "Menu" - although why the 2 are nearly at geographical polar opposite ends of the Pause menu makes little sense to me.

I'm hoping that much like its Daddy (Demon's Souls) i can fairly quickly retread where I have been already. By my reckoning I managed to devour almost quarter of the game last night, having just about completed the second Temple - I'd just "popped out" to stock up on candles/lanterns!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This game looks awesome and at one point was selling for £60 on eBay. Was really wanting to get it just for the Zelderesc look of the game. Never know it might come to PS+ ( Not with that metacritic score :( )

Oh and sorry to hear about you game save on the plus side you can enjoy doing it all l again ;)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This game looks awesome and at one point was selling for £60 on eBay. Was really wanting to get it just for the Zelderesc look of the game. Never know it might come to PS+ ( Not with that metacritic score :( )

Oh and sorry to hear about you game save on the plus side you can enjoy doing it all l again ;)
minecraft sans mining plus zelda = winning​

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Its defintely Zelda crossed with Minecraft. Its a really really good rpg. Big :1thumbup:from me

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I loved this. Cracking game, but im stuck at the mo
Where are you stuck? I was wandering around aimlessly in the Temple of Flame before I gave up a couple of weeks ago. Consulted a guide since & even then, apparently it still isn't any easier!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Where are you stuck? I was wandering around aimlessly in the Temple of Flame before I gave up a couple of weeks ago. Consulted a guide since & even then, apparently it still isn't any easier!
Cant remember, but it does sound like the same place too.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cant remember, but it does sound like the same place too.
Lots of blue/red switches, endless backtracking & if you die all the way back to the start - gaaaaaaah! The rest of the game has been fairly straightforward until now but this is just harsh - evaluate me! ;)