The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

22nd Sept 8pm BORDERLANDS 2, Virgins in pandora

Discussion in 'Events' started by Acegadgets, 16 Sep 2012.

1. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Come and join me , Axton at the beggining of our 4 person quest accross pandora.

2. Rusty

Rusty Casual Gamer

PSN:
    Rusty-Brains
    Yes can't wait i will try and be there. :thumbup:

3. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    When we play co op , how do we decide who plays what character? If I am in a game as Axton with say Maya, can someone join in mid game and start playing as one of the other two characters?

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    You can play whatever character you want to. So you could have all 4 characters as Axton.

However, the game will play better if you are all different characters, as you need the balance to tackle the big bosses.

This is why I was trying to find out who was definitely getting the game so we could organise who is playing which character and then work out some groupings of folks to play together.

5. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    In Bordelands 1 I played the thin sniper type person.I liked it very much, but it makes handling big groups of enemies on your own difficult due lack of strength. But I'm keen on trying the Zero character to mix the squad up.

I don't know if I can make it on saturday, but I'll be on the evening before.

6. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Saturday off work I'll be there all night :) will probably be. Y first game as I'm on nights so won't be playing during the week.

7. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders

That's the same character that most people will likely want to play, I know JKrohn and I both also want to play that one, though I may save that character for a run through with my mate and be the Tank class to keep you bunch of newbies safe.

As for a good mix of classes, it doesn't really matter except on one enemy in the game, which is very much EndGame+ and something that'll take months to get towards so I wouldn't worry about it at all, just play and enjoy whatever character class you want to.

8. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Well I'm torn between Zero and the Doubleweelder class bad mofo. I'll decide once I get the game.

9. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I'll be playing all of them up to lvl 10 no doubt that's a trophy again lol

Not bothered Tbh will play anyone, can you unlock the whole skill tree this time?

10. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Those are the two classes i'm gonna be looking at.

To be fair the classes seem to be following a much more tried and tested RPG class system.

We've got the Tank class, dual wielder character who will do the least damage and is basically there as a meat shield, his ability to solo will be based mostly on the fact he can take a severe beating.

Then we've got the Thief/Rogue class, Zero, who is able to do attacks from behind and has proper stealth, which means he'll likely be the biggest damage dealer in the game, though may lack a bit against bosses depending on whether he's able to keep going behind big bosses and getting the massive back attack bonus multiple times.

We've got an all rounder in Axton - generally a really easy class to play that can double as either a tank class or a damage dealer...tanking ability will rely on his shield taking the heat for the group, but that thing could also heal in the first game.

And finally we've got the Siren who is your stock damage dealer - can't take a hit to save it's life, but will do low damage at a massively high rate, giving them either the highest average damage over time or a close second to Zero.

11. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Not at release no. Likely the first expansion will allow you to overdrive your characters level. Check the skill tree link I posted above to confirm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice