• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 2 ps4's on 1 ps+ account

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can this be done, I thought it could! My mate just got his young lad a ps4, can they both use the same ps+ account? If so how to they go about it! Thanks

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Can this be done, I thought it could! My mate just got his young lad a ps4, can they both use the same ps+ account? If so how to they go about it! Thanks
From what I remember yes is the answer. The PS+ subscription is tied to the primary account holder. When you take the subsidiary account to a different ps4 the PS+ functionality wont work. I'm pretty sure this is the case. And so long as the secondary account is on the ps+ ps4, you can enjoy all the same benefits.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Quote from Sonys faq....

PlayStation®Plus benefits available to other non-subscribing users on your Primary PS4™:
- Online multiplayer (subject to any parental control settings on sub accounts)
- Play downloaded games purchased with PlayStation®Plus discount
- Play downloaded IGC games

PlayStation®Plus benefits not available to other users on your Primary PS4™:
- Purchasing PlayStation®Plus discounted products from PlayStation Store
- Online game save storage
- Auto patch download
- PlayStation®Plus exclusive early access to game trials

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Something to note with 2 PS4s and only one PS Plus account. This is from experience when @HaloJ and I only had one PS Plus between us.

When you have two consoles, the non-PS Plus account can only play PS Plus games and DLC purchased by the PS Plus account on the PS4 that is the one designated as the Primary console for the PS Plus user. I'll give a couple of examples to clarify.

I was the PS Plus user and Halo wasn't. We have a PS4 in the lounge and one upstairs. With the lounge PS4 set as my primary console, if we are both playing BF4 with DLC purchased by my account, I have to play upstairs as I can access my content on a non-primary PS4. We can't play the other way around as the content isn't available to the person whose console it is. The same applies for PS Plus games that I own, Halo can only play them on the lounge console whereas I can play on either console.

This may be fine for your friend and his son. For Halo & I it was problematic as it restricted the consoles that we could play PS Plus games on together at the same time. In addition, PS Plus cloud saves only work on your primary console. Due to this, we have both now got PS Plus, which solves the issue for PS Plus games but not for DLC purchased on one account.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Martok, is that only an issue with dlc on battlefield?
If my friend has premium he would be able to play the dlc on his main but not on the second one if logged in with his son, but if he logged in on the second then they could both play it if he plays on his sons consol! Is that right

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
With DLC your friend can only play that content with his son if he's on the second PS4 and his son is on the primary console. If BF4 main game is also a digital copy then they'll have to play this way around too.

As I mentioned, your saves will only back up to PS Plus automatically on your primary console. On secondary ones you'll have to back up manually and then download when you're next on the primary console.