Tweaks and fixes incoming! We are happy to inform you that the anticipated Fall Patch for Battlefield 4 is right around the corner.The certification has started on several platforms and the Fall Patch is targeted for release at the end of September.
Community Test Environment Update
Our focus for the Fall Patch on the CTE (Community Test Environment) has been to stabilize and finalize the build and this has meant less updates than normal. We’d like to thank you all for your patience during this time – we appreciate you sticking in there.
Fall Patch Highlights
So what are we improving? First of all: the final fix list for the Fall Patch is fairly massive and will be released when the patch goes live. The full patch notes will contain all changes in more detail. In the meantime however, here are some of the Fall Patch highlights that you can expect:
- Rush (All base game maps except Dawnbreaker), Obliteration, Capture the Flag, and Carrier Assault. Added the Obliteration Competitive sub-game mode
- Close & Medium range sight reticles no longer affected by weapon firing animation, AKA “Visual Recoil”
- Improved visibility for red glowing reticule pieces against bright backgrounds
Whilst playing in the Crucible over the weekend, I was initially struggling to find weapons that suited my play style. I was also unaware that the attack rating of weapons and the defence rating of armour was irrelevant as these are levelled out. From my understanding, the other stats e.g. impact, fire rate etc still come into play as do the weapons perks (those that you can improve for rare, legendary and exotic weapons). So basically if you take a level 2 auto rifle and a level 20 one of the same make and rarity (e.g. uncommon) will be the same in the Crucible. This fact means that you may want to keep weapons of a particular type e.g. auto rifle that are of a lower attack rating if they have, say, a better impact value than a higher level auto rifle (remember, there are several types of each weapon and these do have differing stats.
I came across two guides that may be useful...
Exotic Weapon Bounties seem to be randomly offered to Guardians. Each of them requires you to complete a set of tasks and be rewarded with an Exotic Primary Weapon. These are very hard to come by so getting this bounty is probably as rare as getting an exotic drop in regular game activities. There are several bounties that people have been offered, but you will get offered three out of a finite list. I’ll list bellow all of the possible bounties and their rewards, along with extra information based on this guide on reddit and several threads on gamefaqs (like this one).
A light in the dark
Reward: Thorn – Exotic Handgun with 260 damage
- Complete The Summoning Pits Strike on the Moon.
- Kill 500 Hive enemies on the Moon.
- Get 500 crucible points (not kills) with Void Damage. One kill gives you 5 points, while 1 death gives you -2 points. What you need to do is have a positive K : D ratio and you should be fine.
- Kill Xyor, the Unwed in the level 26 version of The Summoning Pits. You have to wait for this boss to show up while...