As you will no doubt have noticed, we have a new theme.
For some time now we have been thinking of how to make the website friendlier on mobile devices and this theme does just that. If you try it on a mobile phone or small tablet you will see the off-canvas navigation on the left and the user menu (when you click on your name) on the right.
You'll notice that the navigation is now sticky, so it's available whenever you are posting rather than having to scroll right to the top of the page again. There are also floating up and down arrows available on the site to quickly navigate those long threads (e.g. PlayStation Store updates). There's also a current post navigation extra that appears on the right of the navigation bar (desktop only) which lets you navigate through posts in the thread.
Other highlights are:
- Collapsible categories on the forum list (click on the minus symbol on the right of the brown category strip
- Changes to the header (the logo isn't as big now on various devices)
- Tweaked colour scheme to get rid of the orangey tones in some parts that didn't really work. We've changed to a complimentary colour palette
- Sticky sidebar that partly stays in position during some of the scrolling on the forums list page, meaning there's no large gap at the bottom as their used to be
- Changes to various icons including forum 'bubbles' and the buttons in the text editor
- NEW posts indicator on the forums list
- Side-by-side forums on the forums...
We've learnt an awful lot from the Driveclub experience
The Metro has published an interview between GamesCentral and Jim Ryan, the boss of PlayStation in Europe.
GameCentral started off the interview with this:
Page 1 of 2